Thread: National Guard-Which Border?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default National Guard-Which Border?

I've been working long hours and way out of touch with the news.

Last night, I caught the tail end of a newscast that described manning the border with National Guardsmen.

Unfortunately, I missed the part of the broadcast that stated WHICH BORDER we were getting ready to defend.

Are we getting ready to lock and load on the Canadian or Mexican border?
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

2. Default

Duh, Mexican. Pedro is the new al Quaeda.

Regretfully, there will be no lock and load. I doubt the NG will even be permitted sidearms. They are being deployed in a support role, a kind of "official" border posse. Who knows what their exact role will be. Not arming them is part of Dubya's kiss to his buddy Vincente.

6000 troops is also a token, rediculously low number.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat
    I've been working long hours and way out of touch with the news.

Last night, I caught the tail end of a newscast that described manning the border with National Guardsmen.

Unfortunately, I missed the part of the broadcast that stated WHICH BORDER we were getting ready to defend.

Are we getting ready to lock and load on the Canadian or Mexican border?

CANADA!!

Next time Roham tries to sneak down here we're going to toss his ass in Gitmo!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Its gets better. Mexico threatened to sue the US if the NG detained anyone crossing over. WTF!
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever
    Its gets better. Mexico threatened to sue the US if the NG detained anyone crossing over. WTF!
    Are emigres covered under NAFTA?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever
    President said they wont be detained but sent back emmidiately. Which means they get to try it again in the morning. We are also getting remotely controlled flying cameras... sounds like fun.

Dumbya is desperate for popularity points. All he's accomplishing is pissing off everyone involved.
    Same as usual.

He would NEVER do what it would really take to stop, or slow, illegals.

Bush is a democrat when it comes to border controls and Mexico. What's funny, is that from a pure capitalist standpoint, a free flowing work force is as great as it gets, and so is a uber-conservative view along political lines. You should be cheering Bush for his border politics Smokin'.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information