Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member, Iraqi vet.

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

Default New member, Iraqi vet.

Hello everyone, I am new to Cigarsmokers.com and new to smoking cigars all together. I came to enjoy cigars when on a cruise and smoked a cuban, since then I have been hooked.
    Alittle about me. I am a two time Iraqi Vet. This last time I was wounded in Bahgdad. I lost my right leg just below the knee in a suicide car bomb attack. I will be moving to Rochester Ny. I have spent the last 8 months in San Antonio Tx going through rehabilitation at Brooke Army Medical Center.
    I just went to a cigar tasting for Ashton and bought a box of Ashton Magnums. I really like that cigar. I hope to meet some cigar smokers, look forward to talking to everyone.

Staff Seargent Gross

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Welcome to the site from another Newbie.

And while I'm not American, thanks for serving!

Welcome to the board, congratulations on your first home purchase and THANK YOU for your service and your sacrifice.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Default Hola

Nice to meet you Sapper, welcome! I have a buddy in Iraq right now. He is with the 2nd Armored Div. Thanks for serving.

Welcome to the forum. It's an honor and a priviledge to have you here.

Our Armed Forces make it possible for Americans like myself to have the kind of life that includes cigars and internet luxuries.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

bigpoppapuff Guest

welcome to you and thanks for serving......go to the new york posse forum for info about herfs....please join us....

Welcome! I am also an Army Veteran, but from the first Gulf war. This conflict seems much more intense. Too bad poppa Bush didn't see it right to let us finish it off the first time around. Sorry to hear about your injury in the line of duty. Glad to see you've recovered! I was lucky enough to escape without a purple heart.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Welcome to the board, and you have my sincere heartfelt gratitude for your service and your loss.

You have great taste in cigars, I am partial to Ashtons myself, expecially the Ashton Cabinet #8, I buy them by the box.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

welcome!.

welcome!

Thank you for keeping us safe over here in the states!

Welcome! Great to have you join the same slide down the slippery slope we've all taken.

12. Thumbs up

Welcome and thank you for preserving my famalies way of life.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Welcome to the Boards from The Great White North!

Glad to hear you have healed up and, again, like Newfie despite not being American (and lets avoid foreign policy discussions) I want to thank you as well for your service and duty. Glad you made it back alive .

Rochester, eh? Well if you are there already you should come join a bunch of us and HERF this weekend in Buffalo (See the thread BigPoppaPuff mentioned). If not, I am sure there will be a time in the not too distant future where we do this again .

Enjoy the forums, there is a LOT of great advice for people just new into Cigars that will drag you in like the rest of us!!

-Will
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Welcome from west Texas!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome from Wisconsin. Thanks for your service. I have a friend returning in January and a few of us are going to meet him in Las Vegas to welcome him home too. Try the Torano line. Exodus 1959, Virtuoso, and Signature line.

Baron
    Remember to breathe

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Welcome!!

I applaud you for your service, and the extremely positive attitude you carried through such a terrible situation...

welcome aboard!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Great to have you on board and God bless for your service. There are definitely plenty of upstate NY'ers on the board. And if you're ever in the city, we'll make sure you get a couple smokes in your pocket and brewskies down the hatch.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information