Thread: Tombstone"....

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default Tombstone"....

i love this movie...watching it again for about the 100th time (or more)......i generally will watch it any time it's on......a few others that i watch over and over...

"the outlaw josey wales"
    "pulp fiction"
    "25th hour"

what are yours?? (godfather ll is my favorite movie,but these others are my must see,anytime films)

2. Default

Far as Westerns go Silverado ranks right up there. You're right on with Pulp Fiction and Josey Wales.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Not much into Westerns, but as for other movies:

• A Few Good Men
    • The Shining
    • The Committments

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i love this movie...watching it again for about the 100th time (or more)......i generally will watch it any time it's on......a few others that i watch over and over...

"the outlaw josey wales"
    "pulp fiction"
    "25th hour"

what are yours?? (godfather ll is my favorite movie,but these others are my must see,anytime films)
    That reminds me, I need to pick Tombstone up on DVD. What a fantastic movie.. I think Val Kilmer was awesome in that role.

I'm more of a book guy than movies, As far as westerns I will tend to watch and of the old Eastwood classics if I am channel surfing or up visiting my parents. My dad is a big fan of the old westerns.

As for other movies I'll have to think about it

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (first dvd I owned)
    Jeremiah Johnson
    The Day of The Jackal (the 1973 original, not the Bruce Willis re-make)
    The Great Escape
    The Wild Bunch
    SpaceBalls
    Blazing Saddles

RED RUM, RED RUM, RED RUM

I can sit down and watch just about any western, reminds me of hanging out with my grandfather when I was a wee lad (what I would give to have those times back). My favorite has to be The Three Amigos, just kidding. It's hard to beat Tombstone. The HBO series Deadwood is pretty f'n good but I've only seen the first season since we dropped HBO. I'm going to buy the DVD's anyway.

Some of my all time (non-western) fav's are Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, and Top Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    That reminds me, I need to pick Tombstone up on DVD. What a fantastic movie.. I think Val Kilmer was awesome in that role.

I'm more of a book guy than movies, As far as westerns I will tend to watch and of the old Eastwood classics if I am channel surfing or up visiting my parents. My dad is a big fan of the old westerns.

As for other movies I'll have to think about it

-W.

I have to agree. "Doc" was the best character and actor in that particular movie IMHO. All of the actors were good though.

"Well, I'm your huckleberry, Mr. Haney."

"Now ain't that a daisy!"
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

As for westerns

The outlaw Joesy Wales (IMO this move has some of the best lines in any movie ever made - like "the hell with them fellas Buzzards got to eat same as worms" and "don't piss down my back and tell me its raining" and "Josey - seems when I get to liking someone they ain't around long. Cheif - sees when you get to disliking someone they ain't around long neither")

Hang'm High
    Few Dollars More
    Fist full of Dollars
    The good, the Bad, The ugly

And one of Eastwood's greatest works "The Unforgiven"

I agree- The Outlaw Josey Wales is a fantastic flick along with the Unforgiven. I also love Tombstone (an all time favorite). Hey, and who can forget the original Young Guns... ..."Did you see the size of that chicken?" "Did you see the size of that God Damn Cockadoodledoo?"
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thats one of my fave movies.

I watch it alot on DVD.

great quotes in that movie.

Ringo: He was quoting The Bible, Revelations: Behold a pale horse and the one that sat on him was death and Hell followed with him

Wyatt: Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens (when he is beating up on billy bob..LOL!)

Doc: Say when. [Doc shoots Ringo] Come on! Come on! Oh Johnny, you're no daisy. No daisy at all.

Well let's see I have a few that whenever they are on, I watch:

Adventures in Babysitting
    Waterworld
    Tombtone (of course!)
    Empire Records
    A Christmas Story
    The Incredibles
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information