Thread: looking for expert advice

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

Default looking for expert advice

Hey guys hope all is well. I am new both to this site and to cigars so I am looking for some expert advice. I have search the internet, bought magazines, and looked through books and they all say the same thing. They review all the big names, the Ashtons and Romeo Y Juliets, the Punchs' and Cohibas'. And while those are all good cigars and I am trying them I would like to know about some not so big name Great cigars, some cigars that are not mass produced. Maybe some limited editions or a small company that makes a great cigar. And so my question is for all. Please let me know from your experience some good not so well known cigars. I perfer a mild to medium bodied smoke, I have not quit aquired the taste for full bodied smokes, but if there is a full bodied smoke out there that I have to smoke before I die then please let me know and I will at it to my list of smokes to smoke before I die. Thank you everyone that helps me out. Sappers Lead The Way!!!!

Staff Seargent Gross
    US, Army

bigpoppapuff Guest

camacho
    padilla
    fonseca
    anything OLIVA....
    la flor dominicana
    alec bradley trilogy or medalist
    oliveros XXL
    la luna
    tatuaje

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper0001
    Hey guys hope all is well. I am new both to this site and to cigars so I am looking for some expert advice. I have search the internet, bought magazines, and looked through books and they all say the same thing. They review all the big names, the Ashtons and Romeo Y Juliets, the Punchs' and Cohibas'. And while those are all good cigars and I am trying them I would like to know about some not so big name Great cigars, some cigars that are not mass produced. Maybe some limited editions or a small company that makes a great cigar. And so my question is for all. Please let me know from your experience some good not so well known cigars. I perfer a mild to medium bodied smoke, I have not quit aquired the taste for full bodied smokes, but if there is a full bodied smoke out there that I have to smoke before I die then please let me know and I will at it to my list of smokes to smoke before I die. Thank you everyone that helps me out. Sappers Lead The Way!!!!

Staff Seargent Gross
    US, Army
    Hey Sapp, if you haven't tried any yet, I've been happy with every cigar I have smoked from Hoyo de Monterrey. They are a really great company if I can say so. My favorite from them are the Box Pressed Excaliburs. A very nice, creamy cigar. Perfect when you're drinking a good whiskey. Try to find one at your local shop. If they don't have any, PM me and I'll be happy to send you a little variety of some Hoyos.

Indian Tabac
    Fire by Indian Tabac
    Sherpa Mystic dos capas

Mainly just try alot of different brands out to find what you like the most.

Hey toasty thanks for the advice. The only problem is I think I bought one of those when I started smoking about a month ago and if I remember correctly it was way to much for me. Ofcourse I could have tried something else, but I am almost positive that it was the excaliber. But thanks for the advice, maybe I will give it another go around if I can find the right one.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergent Gross
    US Army

Bigpoppapuff and QuiteC thanks for the advise also, i have made a list with those suggestion and I will start knocking them down one at a time.
    Bigpoppapuff I know you are from Buffalo. I am moving to Rochester in a few days. I was wondering if you know any good Cigar shops. The one down here I really got to like the people that work there and have become friends even with the owner. It has a nice homey felling(ofcourse in Texas we can smoke inside so its nice to sit in the smoking room and chat it up). Thats what I am looking for in a Cigar shop. Do you have any suggestions.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergeant Gross
    US Army

bigpoppapuff Guest

in rochester,dewey ave smokeshop....havana house....and,havana club.......

and when you come to bflo to herf with us,tinder box in williamsville and smokin' joe's in sanborn (it's a rez shop...no taxes)...

Hey bigpoppapuff, thanks thats a big help. And it would be cool to come to a herf when you guys are having one, just let me know and I will do my best to be there. Thanks again.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergeant Gross
    US, Army

Thread Information