Thread: Cohiba?

Default Cohiba?

I was at a Tobacco shop today and I saw different Cohibas. Can anyone tell me the difference between the ones with the black or darker bands bands and the ones with the yellow ones. the owner of the shop was really, really pushing the sale of the ones that have the yellow bands with the white dots on them????? are those better or lower end type cigars? (2nds maybe)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cohiba.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	282  

Stay outta that shop and hang around here, guys in here will steer you right.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Probably fakes. They sell that particular packaging and bands all over Ebay. The guy is a sham or completely unknowledgable. Stay out of his shop.

The only Dominican Cohiba label I know of has a red dot in the "O".
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

Hey, I notice that someone posted a past link to this question. And while I knew the answer I was wondering if anyone else did. Like I expected many say it is a knock off, and while that is kinda true, not really because it was a legitamate brand, just with the same with the name as the ones with the black bands. Go to Lazy1 i think or Laz1. His answer is acurate about the legal issues between both cohibas.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergeant Gross
    US, Army

"Designer Imposter" cigars. Far out!

I feel silly being ignorant of these for so long. I always though they were just fakes. I stand edumacated!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I just purchesed my first home in Rochester, Ny

The thing about the yellow band cigars is if you like them, and I have heard some do is that the combany is not aloud to make them due to copy infringments but is aloud to sell the rest of there stock.....point being if you like them stock up because once there gone they will never comeback.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergeant Gross
    US, Army

I was in a mall in Las Vegas and one of the stands in the middle of the mall was selling these Cohiba knockoffs. They wanted some ridiculous price for them. So I went to talk to the guy who ran the stand and it was pretty apparent that he knew nothing about cigars. I only buy my cigars from reputable dealers.

The Red Dot are the better cigar anyway IMHO.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper0001
    The thing about the yellow band cigars is if you like them, and I have heard some do is that the combany is not aloud to make them due to copy infringments but is aloud to sell the rest of there stock.....point being if you like them stock up because once there gone they will never comeback.

Sapper0001
    Staff Sergeant Gross
    US, Army
    People like a lot of crap cigars - or they wouldn't sell them. They are a step above the gas station variety, but barely...

11. Default

GGeise, what do you consider a "crap cigar"?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower
    GGeise, what do you consider a "crap cigar"?
    Yellow banded Dominican Cohiba's would be the absolute bottom of the barrel for the hand rolled group (Big Butt's are right there too)... Then there are the machined rolled, which are well below that. And there are actually quite a few of those. All in all - too many to list, actually.

Don't mean to sound snobbish, but - one mans garbage is another mans treasure... Right?

Why, Max - are you partial to Yellow banded Dominican Cohiba's? If so, I'm sorry....

Thread Information