Thread: which cuban to try on bahama trip?

Talking which cuban to try on bahama trip?

Going to the bahamas in a few days and wondering which if any cubans I should try? I"m a beginner with more mild tastes at the moment.

I forgot the name of the 3 best stores there,but the owners are from New Jersey,NYC,and one was from Va.
    They all were very nice,informative,personable,and extremely helpful.They pointed me to various smokeing enthusiest events,stores,and lounges.So,be careful as I do not know how big fake cubans are in the Bahamas.
    I will try and find the names of the B&M's I went to.

It all depends on what you like.If you can buy a 25 cigar sampler,thats a plus but if you want a box,I love all sizes of Bolivars....the Corona Gigante being may favorite long smoke and the belicoso finos or robusto extra, for med smoke and a quicky smoke the Petite Corona.
    Bolivars are great right out of the box.

Smaller ring gauges will give you more flavors from the wrapper and a more bolder experiance on the pallette.

I love the Monte C EL 2003,out of the box these are great too.
    I love the hoyo's....perferably the gigante or dbl corona sizes.
    The partagas series d #4 is a great smoke
    I like all partagas' cubans though.
    I like punch too....all sizes....but mainly the stronger ones.
    R&J have some strong smokes but I like there milder stregnth but bold flavor ones for morning early nooner smokes....like the EL's
    I believe all the above are pleasurable smokes out of the box.

I also like the sancho panza and san cristable(sp?)
    I love trinidads but they need a few years on them in my opinion,not a good enjoyable sweet smoke out of the box.
    Saint Luis Rey make some great ones though I feel are on the milder side and I am not a fan of mild.

I will say there wasnt a cuban I didnt like....cept' maybe vegas robina unicos.....maybe it needed age but it just didnt have that sweet creamy/nutty taste I love about cubans.

Cohibas are great....siglo VI being my favorite,the lanceros and robustos are great but I believe Bahama prices will be quite high.

I love all the cubaba's but again I think they are much better aged.
    I love Ramone Allen Special Select out of the box as well as the el rey de mundo choix supreme.

Thats about all I have experiance with for fresh non aged cubans.....I am sure I am forgetting a few.

Might be better to smoke quite a few different ones there and then decide on last day what box you would like or just buy a big sampler assortment and buy boxes online from home of what you like,it may be cheaper that way.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

Thanks for the help.

I would like to review the Monti #2 and the Cohiba (approx 7x42 churchill maybe) but I don't seem to have the vocabulary and palette yet. The Monti was a little stong for me but I really enjoyed the Cohiba and although I have previously smoked mostly 50 and 52 ring size, I liked the feel of the smaller diameter Cohiba.

Both were pricey on this small Island I thought. The Monti was 22.00 but most places wanted 25-35.00 and the Cohiba was 15.00.

Ramon Allones Specialty Select. (RASS)
    SLR Regios
    H. Upmann Magnum 46
    Montecristo #2
    COhiba Robusto

Good luck finding a good source in the Bahamas.
    Probably best you stay away from LOCAL beach side vendors.

Cohiba Siglo VI is a must.

Thread Information