Thread: Casa Torano Torpedo

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Casa Torano Torpedo

I got my first boxes of Carlos Torano in and the Casa Torano Torpedo’s immediately caught my eye. The colorful box made me feel like a kid in a candy store, I almost used the box cutter on the wrong side trying to get it open. Once I settled down and realized that all I had to do was pull the lid, I got it straightened out.

The presentation was phenomenal. Some manufactures don’t seem to pay attention to details like Carlos Torano apparently does. All the cigars where lined up symmetrically as they should be. The bands were all straight, and every cigar was in perfect condition. The best part was realizing that they included a Humipak to keep the cigars fresh. I reached in, picked my first smoke, and set it aside for my ride home.

Once I was ready to smoke the cigar, I pulled it out of the cellophane and had a closer look. The wrapper was even and had a silky texture. The cigar had a delicate, almost leathery aroma. I clipped the Torpedo using my trusty credit card sized guillotine cutter, toasted the end and lit it up. Immediately I could tell this was going to be an excellent smoke.

The cigar started out with a smooth, almost creamy flavor which lasted from start to finish. After about a quarter of the way through I started tasting a nutty, mildly spicy aroma which pleasantly added to the experience. I did not detect any sort of bitterness at any point in the smoke (which I personally don’t enjoy in a cigar).
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I love the Torano brand even after only havin the Exodus and the Exodus Silver. Of the two my preference is the Silver . . . very smooth with complex and rich flavor.

After your review I am "jones'n" for a Casa!!

Have you tried any others in the Torano line?

Default Also . . .

Is that where you orderd your Casa Torano Cigars (the link above)?

How was the ordering experience and have you ever ordered from them before?

Blog Entries

Jaewing,

That’s actually a link where you can order the cigars from my cigar store, Camino Viejo Tabacos. I own and operate it on my free time (along with Cigarsmokers.com). I’m actually a software developer by day and an online tobacconist by night ;-)

I just got a few new lines in this week and am slowly adding them to my website. The Casa Torano's were the first Torano's that I've had the pleasure of smoking, and I was simply impressed.
    Next on my list of cigars to try are the La Tradicion Cubana Churchills.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Sounds great...I have yet to try any Torano's but have heard lot's of good things about them.

I also didn't realize you had free shipping Hex...good deal

Hex,

Looks like I will be ordering from you as soon as I have a c-note to drop on the Casa Torano Torps.

If you ever need an unbias taster to decide if you should offer certain cigars on your site I would be happy to volunteer my services. I will even pay shipping if you donate the cigars

Site looks good by the way.

Blog Entries

Thanks! You actually touched on an idea I had about review's this morning. I just might take you up on that offer soon.

I've got a lot of work to do. I hope to get some major design done to my cigar store page this weekend. Yahoo just placed me at the top of the search for "cigars" last week, I'm also in the top 5 for "cigars" on msn, no where to be found on google as of yet though.
    Last edited by hex1848; 04-06-2005 at 03:54 PM.

this place is #12 on google

Interesting . . .

You could have members participate in blind reviews of certain cigars and list the results for your site. You would get a nice mix of seasond and rookie palates to get a well rounded review of any new cigars you were thinking of offering. Do you think "blind" tasting works better?

Where in the US are you located Hex?

Great site and great forum here.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Hex,

I just ordered a box of these off your site a couple days ago and it shipped already! Thanks much, I'm drooling in anticipation.

Blog Entries

Nice!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I'm going to smoke one tonight on my commute home.

Thread Information