Thread: Can you help a brother out

Unhappy Can you help a brother out

The company I was working for was bought out with the deal closed and done this past Friday. Unfortunatelly for me that also meant my position was iliminated.

I was working for a small hedge fund catering to high net worth individuals as a General Manager / PR person / Event Coordinator had to wear a lot of hats as we only had 16 people in the whole company.

If anyone knows of a company ( yours or otherwise ) that is hiring and you think my skills can be of use I would appreciate any input. I live in NY but I am very open to moving as I had time to get bored of this place during the past 18 years that I lived here.

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    The company I was working for was bought out with the deal closed and done this past Friday. Unfortunatelly for me that also meant my position was iliminated.

I was working for a small hedge fund catering to high net worth individuals as a General Manager / PR person / Event Coordinator had to wear a lot of hats as we only had 16 people in the whole company.

If anyone knows of a company ( yours or otherwise ) that is hiring and you think my skills can be of use I would appreciate any input. I live in NY but I am very open to moving as I had time to get bored of this place during the past 18 years that I lived here.

Thanks

Dan
    Dan - not to be an ass, but the best advice I can offer you - if you're looking for a new job, be careful how you present yourself. "Unfortunatelly" is Unfortunately" and "iliminated" should be eliminated. I know it seems petty, but how you write is how you will be perceived. Potential employers look at how well you can express yourself, including your grasp of English and spelling.

Good luck, bro - I'm sure you'll find something if you continue to be persistent! I just wish I could get my daughter to be a tenacious as you....

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    my daughter to be a tenacious as you....
    Your daughter would be better off with a father who had perfect grammar . Your spelling may be spot on George, but come on now, what's with the extra 'a'?

Love you George
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Dan - not to be an ass, but the best advice I can offer you - if you're looking for a new job, be careful how you present yourself. "Unfortunatelly" is Unfortunately" and "iliminated" should be eliminated. I know it seems petty, but how you write is how you will be perceived. Potential employers look at how well you can express yourself, including your grasp of English and spelling.

Good luck, bro - I'm sure you'll find something if you continue to be persistent! I just wish I could get my daughter to be as tenacious as you....
    There, I fixed it for you.

Thanks for you comment George,

Must have been tipsy from smoking that Antano stick when I typed the message.

Note to self no cigars or alcohol before an interview

Thread Information