Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here!

Default Newbie here!

Finally found a forum that appears to be of people on the same level as I am. All of the other forums I have been to seem to be full of people just bragging about having the most expensive everything in the market..blah blah.

I hope to have a very enjoyable stay here in my new community. I picked up Cigars about 3 years ago and quickly has become a VERY fun Hobby...soo much to the point I just go out and buy Cigars to just look at them in my humidor :( I feel guilty for smoking them but they sure are TASTY!

This humidor had an incident where I seasoned too much with the glycol solution and I Am trying to revive these and get them back to not tasting like the glycol solution..long story.I will be making a post about this later.

My new humi as of last week now has a tray which is nice. Bottom shelf has the "top shelf" left overs and a good selection of Cigars of my taste. and a handful of the "sharing" cigars. Each of the rows is 3 cigars deep at the minimum most are sitting at 4 deep from what you see in the picture.

This is my "Top Shelf" Some of my favorite smokes and some on my touch and you die list too. ;) A couple on there CAO, and H. Upman, Fuente sungrown(although Fuente has never let me down) I bought and have not smoked. Heard they are good but surely we will find out soon enough if they have what it takes to sit on the Top shelf. I am picking up a few more Opus X and MAximus' this week. Gonna let them sit a while before smoking. I like to age everything I have for some reason.

I hope to learn a TON and possibly meet a few people in the Tampa Bay Area.

I also see alot of people mention Tampahumidors.com alot. Very small store front but with a huge warehouse. The shop is extremely hidden but the owner is a very nice person IMO. I go in there all the time to buy a couple smokes and end up there for about an hour.

Both of mine were bought from there. Yes made in china but Neither has had bad fluctuations in humidity. Nice snug tops and cheap. I would definitely buy again and probably will when I buy a few boxes come here soon.
    Last edited by guado; 06-02-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Welcome ...

Nice humi set up. By the way was that a Macanudo hidden between the decent sticks

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Welcome ...

Nice humi set up. By the way was that a Macanudo hidden between the decent sticks
    I am liking this crowd already!

Honestly I have never had one. A friend of mine works at a cigar warehouse(not sure which one) here in tampa and he brought a few of those to a party of mine. It has sat in my humidor(the older one) for about 3 months now. After reading about them on this wonderful site I question even smoking it. However, it was a gift and he was throughtful enough to know I enjoy Cigars so I may just give it a shot....

Also I may add I got a 911 call to this warehouse about 6 months ago. As soon as I stepped off the rescue I thought to myself..what is this intoxicating aroma? When I walked in I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Cases of cigars as high as the 30 foot ceilings. I had a VERY hard time focusing on my patient(who WAS fine, just had chest pain) and was in awe of this AMAZING place that I never knew existed. The thoughts of stashing boxes upon boxes under my stretcher did cross my mind!

ok enough rambling. I am just happy to have a new forum that does not deal with cars to hang out on.
    Last edited by guado; 06-02-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Welcome guado !!!..... yes, you have found a great place to hang out

I'm sure bigpoppapuff will let you know about the Macanudo.... LOL

I'm sure ya could have fit a few boxes in the medical bag without anyone knowing..... I hope you made a few new friends
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

BTW..... get rid of the glycol solution and go with beads...... www.heartfeltindustries.com... 65%
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Welcome and nice setup. Except for those sticks with the red Xs on them - they're crap - send them over ad I'll dispose of them for you.

The new box looks like a DC humi?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Welcome and nice setup. Except for those sticks with the red Xs on them - they're crap - send them over ad I'll dispose of them for you.

The new box looks like a DC humi?

The Red X bad? Well shoot me your address and I'll let you dispose of them. I just thought they were fancy. I am so glad you helped me out mauied, I may have choked on those pieces of crap.

Not sure what DC humi is. I bought it at Tampahumidor.com(the store not online) he said it was one of their newer styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    BTW..... get rid of the glycol solution and go with beads...... www.heartfeltindustries.com... 65%

I have not touched the solution since then. 100% distilled water. I am using the Crystal Gel things right now. but keep hearing about beads....

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Welcome guado !!!..... yes, you have found a great place to hang out

I'm sure bigpoppapuff will let you know about the Macanudo.... LOL

I'm sure ya could have fit a few boxes in the medical bag without anyone knowing..... I hope you made a few new friends

Not only rip on you for the Macanoodle, but also give you a high five on the Reo's?. Those are nice cigars!!!

Welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guado
    I am liking this crowd already!

Honestly I have never had one. A friend of mine works at a cigar warehouse(not sure which one) here in tampa and he brought a few of those to a party of mine. It has sat in my humidor(the older one) for about 3 months now. After reading about them on this wonderful site I question even smoking it. However, it was a gift and he was throughtful enough to know I enjoy Cigars so I may just give it a shot....

Also I may add I got a 911 call to this warehouse about 6 months ago. As soon as I stepped off the rescue I thought to myself..what is this intoxicating aroma? When I walked in I thought I had died and goen to heaven. Cases of cigars as high as the 30 foot ceilings. I had a VERY hard time focusing on my patient(who WAS fine, just a hurt knee) and was in awe of this AMAZING place that I enver knew existed. The thoughts of stashing boxes upon boxes under my stretcher did cross my mind!

ok enough rambling. I am just happy to have a new forum that does not deal with cars to hang out on.
    Im imagining that 911 call being a fire in the wherehouse

Welcome although we have already said hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryprod
    Im imagining that 911 call being a fire in the wherehouse

Welcome although we have already said hi!

Luckily it wasn't. A male had chest pain while stocking pallets. :( No heart attack but he definitely received a ride to the hospital.

12. Default

Nice selection you have bro. Like George said those REO are great cigars. Stick around and enjoy ,we keep the asshats run off for the most part
    The older I get ,the better I was

Welcome, great looking stash you have! I too enjoy those cigars with the X's on them .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Blog Entries

Hello guado! Glad you found this place. Oh and thanks for offering to get Opus X for people here.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome from Wisconsin
    Remember to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by guado
    Luckily it wasn't. A male had chest pain while stocking pallets. :( No heart attack but he definitely received a ride to the hospital.
    So are you with the FD or just private Med?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryprod
    So are you with the FD or just private Med?

FD is combined with Med. Not private though. I did my time in private and hated it.

I want to be a career FF more than anything. I am LE now and hate every second of it. Anyways, welcome to the board. This is by far the best and most down to earth cigar site out there. Also, you should see if the warehouse worker could hook you up for "saving" his life.

Those cigars are beautiful. Just one question - Why don't you have those boxes plugged in?

"A cigar provides a man the opportunity to manipulate fire and smoke. These devastating elements of nature that can ravage forests and snuff out life are conquered and dominated by the lightest adjustment of the lips and the breath. Such awesome potential for destruction manipulated in peaceful contemplation reminds a man that he is, regardless of what others have said about him, a man." - Wigglesworth

Welcome from the UK, you have some nice looking boxes there.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information