Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any boxing fans here?

Does any one know what the consequences will be for Castillo?I really think they should burn his ass for what he did.

As for the heavyweights,I like Sam Peter but he really needs to develop some more boxing skills and quit totally relying on power to pull him out.I was hoping that he would retire Vladimir but he really showed his inexperience in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dpenix76
    Does any one know what the consequences will be for Castillo?I really think they should burn his ass for what he did.

As for the heavyweights,I like Sam Peter but he really needs to develop some more boxing skills and quit totally relying on power to pull him out.I was hoping that he would retire Vladimir but he really showed his inexperience in that fight.
    As far as penalties, it is usually only a fine and maybe a suspension for only that commission.

I think Sam Peter was over rated. He was packaged for the crowd. Again, he needs to prove himself against anyone with a name before I'll give him another look.
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

he was awful against wlad.....i really thought he was the type of fighter that could get to the wlad-weak chin....

castillo screwed himself last night...he'll no doubt get fined and possibly suspended by the nevada commission....and arum said he'd be hard pressed to promote him any more...we'll see...but he should get hit hard for not making weight...

Default From FightNews

Castillo facing sanctions!
    The 4.5 pounds he failed to lose could be expensive for Jose Luis Castillo. New NSAC executive director Keith Kizer is currently deciding if sanctions are forthcoming and Castillo could be fined as much as $250,000 by the Nevada Commission plus be suspended or have his boxing license revoked. Meanwhile, Corrales, who lost a $1.2 million purse, stated yesterday that he is considering suing Castillo. Castillo's promoter Bob Arum put his losses at $1 million, while Corrales' promoter Gary Shaw estimated his losses to be in the hundreds of thousands. In addition, SHOWTIME network had significant penalties written into Castillo's contract, should he not make weight.
    -- Mark Twain

Who in your opinion is the best heavyweight from the last 10 years.

I respect George " the grill " Forman for staying in at his age although his last years were quite eneventfull and for most part boring to watch.

Lenix Lewis was a lot of fun to watch untill the Klitchko controversy.

bigpoppapuff Guest

lennox lewis,by far...tyson was a punk-ass criminal whose skills have been missing for over 10 years.....lennox lewis was a class individual and very much under-appreciated...

Even though I always hated the guy for some unknown reason, I do agree with Puff on this one. Lennox was the most adaptable fighter that I can remember. Yes, I do think that Wladamir would have won in a rematch, but everyone has a point when they pass their expiration date. If you were to put the two of them up against each other when they were both at their prime, Lennox would have won hands down.

Tyson was a lost dream. He very easily could have been the greatest of all time if he had kept fighting and never went to prison. I'll give him the rating of biggest disappointment in the past 10 years. It's really depressing to think of what he could have had with his life.
    -- Mark Twain

I'll have to add my vote for Lennox.As for Tyson,he was blessed with awesome physical ability,but he lacked the most important thing for a fighter,mental toughness.Teddy Atlas always says that 90% of the game is mental and I agree wholeheartedly.

Thread Information