Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Herf'A'Paloza - June 23

Don't forget OVTC in the Pentagon City mall... just a ten minute metro ride away...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I'll have my car...how does that one compare with the Old Virginia in Dulles Town Center? I won't bother if it's not any better because Dulles is 5 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    I'll have my car...how does that one compare with the Old Virginia in Dulles Town Center? I won't bother if it's not any better because Dulles is 5 minutes away.
    Dulles store is 2x as big - I'd pass then.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    The name of that store is Drapers. I checked a map last week and from Shelly's, it's west to the first street, then north just a little (like 1/2 a block).
    Drappers is a great store. I know the owners, and they are great. They have a great selection of cigars and the prices are pretty good too. I smoked with the regional president of Verizon.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Default Weather Forecast

Well, it looks as if I won't be able to ride for my trip:

So it looks as if I'll be flying in and out of Regan. S'OK, gives me more time for shopping!!

See y'all in 10 days guys!!!

Well, it looks as if I won't be able to ride for my trip:

So it looks as if I'll be flying in and out of Regan. S'OK, gives me more time for shopping!!

See y'all in 10 days guys!!!
    Were you going to rent a bike instead of a car? Looking forward to seeing you up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    Were you going to rent a bike instead of a car? Looking forward to seeing you up here.
    Rent a bike?? Hell no!! I was going to ride down there on the 'Wing. It's only 600 miles. That's only about 10 hours.

Here's my schedule:

I'm hoping to get to Shelly's on Friday night about 6ish (I know most guys are going at 7) and will be there until dark oclock.

Saturday, my flight doesn't leave until 4:15 PM so I have the morning to sight-see and .......... ahemmmmm ........ shop!! If anyone would like to meet for lunch on Saturday, I'll be available.

Rent a bike?? Hell no!! I was going to ride down there on the 'Wing. It's only 600 miles. That's only about 10 hours.

Here's my schedule:

I'm hoping to get to Shelly's on Friday night about 6ish (I know most guys are going at 7) and will be there until dark oclock.

Saturday, my flight doesn't leave until 4:15 PM so I have the morning to sight-see and .......... ahemmmmm ........ shop!! If anyone would like to meet for lunch on Saturday, I'll be available.
    I'll be able to meet you at Shelley's at 6, maybe even before. I dont think i have anything going on the next day, so I'd be able to take you around the city, show you some sites and such.

HA! I was planning for around 6 too. Watch, every single one of us will show up early and 7 will be meaningless.

Oh and Juan, I was in Bethesda the other day for work. No special story or anything, just thought I'd mention it since I noticed your location.

This Friday is coming up real fast! Its going to be a great way to cap off the week and welcome the weekend. Newf, any idea's as to what you want to Sight See in DC?
    See y'all in a couple of days!

This Friday is coming up real fast! Its going to be a great way to cap off the week and welcome the weekend. Newf, any idea's as to what you want to Sight See in DC?
    See y'all in a couple of days!
    Uuuuuhhhhhhhhh, cigar stores???

I dunno Pal, not going to have much time. Just a couple of places to get a few nice pictures.

OK, so we're a few short days away from this event at Shelly's.

It's mauied, juan, da fish, maybe (and hopefully) illilli, and me. Supposed to meet at Shelly's at 7:00. I'm gonna be there a little early (6ish) 'cause I'm meeting Mark from Cigarmony.com, he has a little goody-bag for me :

One question. I did get the company to pay for the Friday night hotel, but the travel agency put me in a Best Western in Oxon Hill, MD. I see from maps.google.com that it's only a few miles from Shellys, but what are my options?? Should I drive the car downtown and park, or does the Metro go to that area, or what??

Thanks, and see ya in a few days.

Jim

13. Default

... I'm gonna be there a little early (6ish) 'cause I'm meeting Mark from Cigarmony.com, he has a little goody-bag for me :...
    To avoid afternoon Friday traffic, I am heading down right from work, so I'll be there around 4:30ish...so if I am trashed by the time you guys get there, please forgive me

Sounds sweet - 5-6 of us. So how the heck are we going to realize who's who? Took me and illilli about 5 minutes to figure each other out (at least on my part). And don't say you're the one smoking a stogie

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    ...snip So how the heck are we going to realize who's who? snip...
    I'll be the one smoking a ........ oh shit, I can't say that.

Well, as I told Mark:
    I'm 6'3", about 250#, light hair that's buzzed close and I'll have a black & gray backpack laptop case.

...snip...
    One question. I did get the company to pay for the Friday night hotel, but the travel agency put me in a Best Western in Oxon Hill, MD. I see from maps.google.com that it's only a few miles from Shellys, but what are my options?? Should I drive the car downtown and park, or does the Metro go to that area, or what??

Thanks, and see ya in a few days.

Jim
    It looks like it's pretty close and you're going against traffic if you're going into DC - but - there still might be traffic and you'll have to scrounge for parking. I called hotel and you can drive to the Branch avenue metro stop, park your car, and then take the metro in - but you will need to purchase ($10) a Metro SmartCard in order to exit the parking structure. The $10 will pay for your round-trip ride, plus parking (I'd just leave the negative balance on the card)... but it's an extra step.

bigpoppapuff Guest

I'll be the one smoking a ........ oh shit, I can't say that.

Well, as I told Mark:
    I'm 6'3", about 250#, light hair that's buzzed close and I'll have a black & gray backpack laptop case......i'll be wearing a skirt.....

jim!!!...we didn't know...

I'm 6'-1" and 260, built like a football player. Light brown/drak blond hair. I'll be in blue jeans and a polo shirt.
    Jon

bigpoppapuff Guest

I'm 6'-1" and 260, built like a football player. Light brown/drak blond hair. I'll be in a blue mu-mu
    Jon

gee...this is going to be quite a herf...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    jim!!!...we didn't know...
    ROTFLMFAO.

I saw that and said "Jeezuz, I didn't type that, did I??"

Good one Poppa!!!

Thread Information