Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DC Herf'A'Paloza - June 23

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    I'm 6'-1" and 260, built like a football player. Light brown/drak blond hair. I'll be in blue jeans and a polo shirt.
    Jon
    Well Juan, if nothing else, we can find illilli's house and go carry him out!! Anyone knoe where he lives?

If you guys all run for about an hour during the hot part of the day and stop bathing now, you shouldn't have a problem recognizing each other. And you'd probably have the place to yourselves!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    One question. I did get the company to pay for the Friday night hotel, but the travel agency put me in a Best Western in Oxon Hill, MD. I see from maps.google.com that it's only a few miles from Shellys, but what are my options?? Should I drive the car downtown and park, or does the Metro go to that area, or what??
    Jim
    I just realized that you are probably going to have the Woodrow Wilson Brisdge, its the part of !-495 that is just west of Oxon Hill, as seen on mapquest. There is a lot of construction going on on that bridge and there is always a back up or substancial delay. I dont think it would be a problem if you are coming up middle of the day on 495, but a disaster if you are trying to do that during rush hour. One possible solution is to take I-395 into DC. Once you cross over the Potomac stay in the middle lane and Look to exit at South Capital Street (a Right) Take South Capital Street and go over a bridge(about a mile), and when you come to land on the other side of the river, you will be able to take I-295 south, or Suitland Parkway(exit 3a on 295) which will take you to Branch Ave/MD-5.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...3d&ambiguity=1 - Hopefully that link will take you to a area which I am talking about.
    Sorry to bring this much confusion to the matter, but you want to avoid W.Wilson Bridge if possible. illilli, can you help me out on this, fellow MD'er

bigpoppapuff Guest

cabaiguan missed his.....jon...go back and read...i'm trying to bring the funny...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    cabaiguan missed his.....jon...go back and read...i'm trying to bring the funny...
    I just read it, LMFAO! I guess now I need to find a blue mu-mu now. If nothing else, everyone will know who I am! Everyone, look for the blue buoy in the middle of Shelley's smoking a cigar. Oh, wait the cigar doesn't help, does it?

I may not make it. We're losing another tech at work on wednesday, and I'll likely be picking up the slack. We already lost 3 a week or 2 ago 'cause they're marines and had to go to dril. ow this guys taking a vacation. I'm going to try my best but I can't make any promises guys.
    Sorry.

Oh, but if I do, I'll be wearing tan shorts with some random t-shirt and a tan and blue cap. I'm 5'11" about 200lbs and wear glasses. I'll be the soberest one. I don't understand why I can't be allowed to follow the drinking laws of my own country..... ;)
    Last edited by thepyrofish; 06-19-2006 at 09:23 PM.

OK Fish. Hope we'll see ya there

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    I'm 6'-1" and 260, built like a football player. Light brown/drak blond hair. I'll be in blue jeans and a polo shirt.
    Jon
    that's it... I'm going to dye my hair light brown/dark blonde and wear blue jeans and a polo shirt. i suggest we all wear blue jeans and polo shirts...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

bigpoppapuff Guest

I jave a blue polo shirt I could wear...but it says ADT on it...and I doubt I'll have one left that doesn't smell like sawdust and sweat by friday. I'm not wearing work clothes on my evening off.

Are any of you guys gonna join us for the July NY HERF ?

NEWF might be a great reason to go an that bike ride

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    NEWF might be a great reason to go an that bike ride
    Dunno Dan. I haven't been following it. I have vacation starting July 29th and I have to be in New Brunswick by the 30th for dad's 70th B-Day.So it looks like I may have to take a miss!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Dunno Dan. I haven't been following it. I have vacation starting July 29th and I have to be in New Brunswick by the 30th for dad's 70th B-Day.So it looks like I may have to take a miss!
    If that's New Brunswick, NJ let me know closer to that date I am sure some people would get together for a nice dinner like in DC

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    If that's New Brunswick, NJ let me know closer to that date I am sure some people would get together for a nice dinner like in DC
    Nope, NB as in Canada, wayyyyyyyy north of you.

Well it looks like illilli is in! Looking forward to Friday

Looks like I may get the day off after all. I need badly to get some errands done in the daytime, for example: my car is 4 days away from the expiry of my temp. plates. I bought this car solely for work, so they want it on the road. I am going to pester my manager/friend of 15 years and get the whole day off. YAY!

p.s. Next post is # 500.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    snip...my manager/friend of 15 years ...snip
    Very seldom you see this set of words used with this phrasing. I have seen it go like this:
    He was my friend of 15 years and now he's my manager"!!

Glad to see your making it for sure. So the tally now is:

Mauied
    illilli
    Juan
    Da Fish
    Mark
    Newf

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing & meeting you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    p.s. Next post is # 500.
    Congradualations!

Less than 24 hours time I'll be at Shelly's!!
    I forgot to post that I won't be drinking so if anyone wants a DD to get home, I'll take care of it. I have nothing to do but go back to the hotel to an empty king size bed anyway.
    Oh shit, that reminds me of something!
    Contest time!!!

Well, probably for sure. My job doesn't really have set shifts, I'm just kinda expected to sit around and work whenever they text me a job. If they need me for installs tonight there's nothing I can do. But I told them I wanted to go to DC.

Thread Information