Thread: Crystal Reports

Default Crystal Reports

Does anyone know any details about the software? I've been offered a promotion, but am going to have to go take two 2 day classes for this. Just trying to get feedback from someone that uses it.
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain

All my experiences have been bad, try MS reporting services instead if you have SQL Server licences.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Actually it's not my choice in the matter. The only thing as far as database that I know is Access. So this is a pretty big step up for me. So yeah...that's where I am in this matter.
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain

Basically it depends on the database structure. Simple database, simple report writing. Used to do a little CR on a flat database, easy. The database we use now.. forget it. I'm not really a "software" person. I like working with hardware. I hate even trying to pull an excel spredsheet out of it if it's too complex. But to each his own, and I would give it a shot.

The military has started to use Crystal Reports 9.0 for some of it's Iraq IED reporting. It is being integrated into many aspects of the overall structure of command and control. I am not intimate with the software, but definately would be somethingworth learning.

Crystal reports is very scalable, and it can be very complex. It all depends on your relational database structure. At our financial institution, our database is huge and quite complex. We have a programmer who deals specifically with our intranet/internet web pages and database queries using crystal.

I'm the jack of all trades around here and though I'd like to learn Crystal, I've got more than I can handle on my plate already.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information