Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin America Pass

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Thanks for your support BPP, but I think others are right its only fare that I earn their trust before being a part of this thing. IF there are 16 people beside me I will gladly wait for next turn and if you do need a BOTL to make it 16 just let me know I will be glad to jump on the wagon at any point.
    Thanks for your understanding of our reservations... we just got burned from an and are still a little weary. Heck, I've been here for 4 mo and this is my first pass. There will be more passes, you will be in them.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

OK...y'all are in:

1. mauied
    2. drew goring
    3. newfie
    4. desert rat
    5. bigmac
    6. woxof
    7. puffthemagicdragon
    8. hefty
    9. nhcigarfan
    10. slc
    11. basil

5 more slots!

Please PM me with your address and tel number (stole this idea from CC's pass) so we can harass you to give us our camera and two cigars back... i mean, so we have it with the hope of never needing to call you... also, please let me know if you have a digital or not so i can plan.

3. Default

I'll play. If I can dig up that old digicam, I could toss it in instead of the disposable...

I'd like to participate in this one. LMK

I'm in
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I'm in if you still have room.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Virgin America Pass
    So, everyone in this pass is a virgin? Wow.........

OK... I'll play if ya have the room

One of the things you guys have to keep in mind is that the weather is starting to get really warm in some areas... if you are the next one on the list keep your head up for it. We don't want this box sitting around some Post Office warehouse or on someone's front steps for 2 days in 90* weather.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    OK... I'll play if ya have the room

One of the things you guys have to keep in mind is that the weather is starting to get really warm in some areas... if you are the next one on the list keep your head up for it. We don't want this box sitting around some Post Office warehouse or on someone's front steps for 2 days in 90* weather.
    To this point if you are ready to ship on a friday or sat, keep the box until monday.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Sorry Tyler... do you have a reference?
    Unfortunately no. Besides, I'm to scared to ask for some because I might get refused.

11. Question

Id like to participate, if you'll have me.

One term though:

Basil needs to tell me what cgar to put in.

Forget ISOM's, I don't have access.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Unfortunately no. Besides, I'm to scared to ask for some because I might get refused.
    . . . or what they might say
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

ok...

superchuck
    smokindvm
    roham
    cj
    bkc

you're in... aaaaaand that takes us to 16. if you haven't already please pm your name, addy, tel #, and if you have a digital or film camera.

looks like superchuck has an old digi that he's allowing the pass to use (thank you, very generous of you) so we'll be all digital - but let's see who's not digital so we can take the extra weight out...

pm me your addy's so we can get this pahty stahted.

14. Default

Yay, I found my old digital camera, so it's going out on an adventure!

Don't get too excited, though. It's a whopping 1 MP, has a 4MB CompactFlash card, and is roughly the size of my first apartment. Hard to believe I paid $100 for the thing...

One thing I am lacking is any kind of cable/CF reader (the camera is from the days when USB cables weren't quite standardized). If you can't track down a CF reader, ask the next person along to do it (it should be able to hold around 6 or so "high-quality" images). CF readers are easy enough to come by.

I'll probably ship it without batteries. It takes 4 AAs, which adds substantial weight for very little gain (steal the batteries from your TV remotes, snap a couple pics, and return them). There's also no auto-off, so half the people in the pass would be replacing the batteries (I don't think I've ever successfully remembered to shut this camera off when I was done with it).

Thanks Superchuck! Actually though, I think it might be kinda fun with a disposable in there... was looking at a pass on another site and sometimes guessing who took what might be funny. We'll score your digital camera for the next pass... thanks for the offer though...

so for all you folks taking with your digital - take one with the with the disposable for fun.

The order:

1. WOXOF
    2. BASIL
    3. DESERT RAT
    4. SMOKINDVM
    5. HEFTY
    6. ROHAM
    7. DREW
    8. NEWFIE
    9. BKC
    10. NHCIGARFAN
    11. SUPERCHUCK
    12. DICKSON
    13. BIGMACFU
    14. PUFFTHEMAGICDRAGON
    15. CJUAN
    16. MAUIED

Gonna go the southern route first to keep it a tiny bit cooler. Like BKC or NH said, if you plan on shipping them Fri or Sat, hold off until Mon. Praying that the Canadian route time isn't gonna be too long!

Sticks all packaged up and ready to fire. WOXOF you ready?
    Last edited by mauied1101; 06-07-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Fire when ready.

bigpoppapuff Guest

didn't dickson say he wanted in??.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    didn't dickson say he wanted in??.....
    List at 16 ... I PM'd him that he'd be on deck should anything happen to anyone on the list.

Being in the last pass, I bestow my spot to Dickson. Hopefully RY will come through with his promise and my (along with other's) pictures will surface.

1101: Sorry to mess up your pass order, but you might want to revise it slightly to fit Dickson in geographically.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information