Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin America Pass

Hey guys,

I've already let DR know that I'll be leaving town on Thursday night after work, and won't be back untill Sunday night. Picking up some CE at a conference in San Francisco.
    I think the box will reach me before then, but even if it doesn't there will be someone here to recieve it so it doesn't sit out in the heat.
    It really shouldn't slow things down by more than a couple of days, if at all.

Just letting everyone know now, so when I'm scarce for a few days no one starts to hunt me down.

DRat, great pic's. I've almost forgotten about the wind farms and what the vast expanse of the desert really looks like. I'll have to circulate those pictures to the full-blooded easterner's out here who havent traveled much.

Gars out.

Sent to SmokinDVM via Fed Ex #196033810541476.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Just signed for a box of cigars. All arrived in great condition. Along with some very nice riders from DR.

Will post p/t's later along with pics.
    Last edited by SmokinDVM; 06-20-2006 at 11:38 PM.

I'm waiting for DVM to post photos of himself snipping some poor dog or cat... of course, with the cigar & lei somewhere in the vicinity...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Hey Mauied,

With DR's add-ins, the new tupperdoor is packed to the breaking point. I'm gonna get a larger one to swap it with. I will attempt to get one large enough that it might make it the rest of the way without needing another swap, and still try to keep shipping costs to a minimum.

I'll post my P/T's now so ya'll can approve, or not. T/ I've been wanting to try a Graycliff Espresso, and P/ Padron 1926 M #9. And another T/ Partagas LE 04 (ISOM), and my P/ Cohiba Sublimes Edicion Limitada '04 (ISOM).

I won't send the box on to Basil untill Monday so as to minimize heat exposure.

Digi-pics to follow later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM
    Hey Mauied,

With DR's add-ins, the new tupperdoor is packed to the breaking point. I'm gonna get a larger one to swap it with. I will attempt to get one large enough that it might make it the rest of the way without needing another swap, and still try to keep shipping costs to a minimum.

I'll post my P/T's now so ya'll can approve, or not. T/ I've been wanting to try a Graycliff Espresso, and P/ Padron 1926 M #9. And another T/ Partagas LE 04 (ISOM), and my P/ Cohiba Sublimes Edicion Limitada '04 (ISOM).

I won't send the box on to Basil untill Monday so as to minimize heat exposure.
    Thanks for swapping out the tupperdoor - lesson learned on making sure the tupperware is big enough for ample smokes... will be sure to get yours back out to you.

IMO the Graycliff and the Padron are pretty close swaps, but I don't have a clue on the ISOMs - so I leave that to folks that know better (anyone, anyone?) Safe to say if there is no dissention by Sunday then you're good to go.

Sorry guys,

My cable modem is giving me fits. Keeps dropping my connection for some reason. It takes forever to just post some text. I'll get the pics up as soon as I get the problem fixed.

I think he may like cats, but he still knows fair puts and takes
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Hey Smokin'

Got some kind advice on your P/Ts...

For the Graycliff/1926, looks like a difference of $2 to the 1926 (ok IMO)
    For the Partigas/Cohiba, looks like a looks like a HUGE difference (average Partagas: $15.09, average Cohiba: $25.36) - which is fine by me (and I'm sure eeeeveryone following you ), but it would be a lopsided trade.

Thanks to the BOTL for the 411. Much appreciated keeping me on my toes.

Actually, it seems I got a wicked good deal on the Cohibas (NO, they didn't come in a decorative glass top box ) and it will only be a couple of bucks difference.
    Last edited by SmokinDVM; 06-22-2006 at 08:52 AM.

I arrived home from my Conference in San Francisco tonight, and after some quick image downloading comes the digipics for the pass. I didn't use any pics on the provided camera so as to leave plenty of shots for those who don't have a digital camera.

Anyway, pic 1 is of Vasquez Rocks. I've included (pic 2) a reference that will help all of you remember where you've seen this particular formation before. There has been some wear and tear to the formation over the years, but I think it's pretty damn close, considering.
    The 3rd pic is also an easily recognizable landmark, much more than the first IMO.

My wife helped me with the pics, and she thinks I'm certifiable BTW.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I should be able to get everything in order and out to Basil at lunch tomorrow. Will post DC# then.
    Last edited by SmokinDVM; 11-30-2006 at 03:04 AM.

Very nice pics!

Awesome pics......
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

damn all these pics are awesome. I haven't even decided on what I'm gonna take a picture of yet. It's flat here - closest landmarks are hundreds of miles away . . . hmm, maybe I've got something here . . .
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Cool. I like the trek one.

nics pics DVM! how far out from the road is the trek picture?

Vasquez Rocks Park is about 15-20 minutes from my house, and the Trek pic is about 1/4 mile into the park.

Sorry guys, I couldn't get the box out today at lunch, I just ran out of time. Tomorrow for sure. Will post the DC# then also.

Cool pics-ever seen the "Mormon Rocks" outside of Cajon Pass? Its another star trek site with odd looking rock formations.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Thread Information