Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC Summer Biergarten Herf

Awesome news. I asked a few cigar stores in Brooklyn if they would be ok with letting their customers know and they said as long as some sponsorship occurs they will. So lets hope CAO will do their part and even if we get one more to jump on board we are golden.

By the way BMC can you PM with the deatails of what General and CAO said and also how many people are we shooting for NY is a big place we can get a lot if we really want.

I can already smell the thick cigar smoke we are sure to produce at that place

I'm not thinking anything huge, like an all nyc herf (CigarFest serves that purpose). Besides, a herf is about putting faces to names and if these B&M guys are saying they won't tell people unless they know explicit details, well, that's just not what it is about.

I've been to Herf's of 5-50+ people, sponsored and unsponsored. With unsponsored ones, we just trade what we've got, a few of us always show up with a bundle or two. Sponsored ones tend to have give aways and raffles.

I say, invite the B&M guys themselves, invite the people you see hanging out, but no need to go any further.

I appreciate you spreading the word though, but we need not do anything more than that. If we light it, they will come
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Top Top
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Participant list updated, get on the herf train, Hex, flights between florida and NYC are cheap baby!

Forgot to add that there is plenty of street side parking in the area and very few parking meters. At worst you'll have to walk a few blocks.

How far is this from LaGuardia?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    How far is this from LaGuardia?
    About a 10 min drive

5 minutes if your taxi driver knows the secrets

Well, this just might work. I'd love to put some faces to names and finally get to one of these. If I can, I'm going to try to fly in in the AM and come back in the evening. What time do you figure this will break up?

With some of the guys, it will go all night. Me, I'll probably be around till 8 or 10. It'd be awesome to have you out Shelby!

OK - I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow morning. I've tentatively looked at a Comfort Inn on Crescent St in LI. Any other recommendations from locals? I'm flying standby into La Guardia, so I won't know if I get on until tomorrow morning, but the loads are looking favorable.

bigpoppapuff Guest

uhhhh....mark...the herf is in july....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    uhhhh....mark...the herf is in july....
    Good Lord! - Thanks for the phone call, Sid. I would have been looking for everyone tomorrow. Have to come out anyway for a funeral (another one, dammit) but won't be coming out until Sunday now.

Boy do I feel like a dope!

bigpoppapuff Guest

allrighty guys....herfs on!!!!...

More good news I saw a guy from La Aurora today who was very excited to hear about the HERF and said they are really interested in it. I made up a flyer that I left at 3 B&Ms so more people should come as well.

The event is one week closer can't hold back the excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    OK - I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow morning. I've tentatively looked at a Comfort Inn on Crescent St in LI. Any other recommendations from locals? I'm flying standby into La Guardia, so I won't know if I get on until tomorrow morning, but the loads are looking favorable.
    Shelby.... if you still plan on coming in for this.... do not stay there....... for a few more dollars ya might want to stay closer to the airport.... that hotel is not in Long Island... it is Long Island City
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Shelby.... if you still plan on coming in for this.... do not stay there....... for a few more dollars ya might want to stay closer to the airport.... that hotel is not in Long Island... it is Long Island City
    I found that out after I posted, but it seems to be just a few miles from LaGuardia and the Biergarten. Did a mapquest and it's only about 5 miles from both places.

I need to see how the week works out. In the throws of startinga new business and the radio ads start next week. Also waiting for the new Shelby to arrive. Supposed to be here Tuesday, but who knows.

Stay at the airport on 94th st. right next to laguardia, should be around 80-100 a night. much safer, that comfort inn is down off broadway and crescent, not the safest area.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm in on thursday....leaving sunday morning.....i'll be herfing on saturday....what are the times??....

Thread Information