Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC Summer Biergarten Herf

Default NYC Summer Biergarten Herf

It's official, the NYC SUMMER BIERGARTEN HERF!!!

Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 at 2:00pm

at the Bohemian Hall Czech Biergarten

http://www.bohemianhall.com/home.htm

Located 24 Ave. and 29th St. in Astoria, NY. (29-19 24th Ave.)

Come one, come all!!!!

Sponsors (Thank you Scott1966 and Stogieman):
    General Cigar
    CAO

This event will be sponsored and there will be plenty of room for all. The biergarten seats up to 1000, so I am not renting the place out, but we will have plenty of places to sit. 12 Dollar pitchers of fine european beers (they have water-aka bud light-too if you insist) and BBQ or Czech cuisine highlight the menu.

The rain date will be that Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 at 2:00pm.

Participants so Far:
    CCat
    BKCloud
    CgarDan (CSmokers)
    BigMacFU
    StogieMan
    Tone-NY
    Rob300c
    Seavita
    Wasy
    Shibumi
    Slevy007
    Hudsonvalley
    grateful1
    siriusstoogie
    Scott1966
    bschwimmer (CWorld)
    Big100HD
    3 Local Cigar Friends of Mine
    Fire Factory Guys (FDNY)
    A few NYPD
    geoffrie (CWeekly)
    ResIpsa (CStogie)
    BigPoppaPuff (CSmokers)
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 06-20-2006 at 08:08 AM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

This is a great idea. Count me in

I'm in.....
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

I'm in but only if you bring a Cubs hat so I can set it on fire.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Any dates you guys would prefer?

And I'll bring your choice of Red Sux, Mets or Cardinals hat.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I live only 30min away so I am ok with any date you agree on

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Alright guys, I want to do some preliminary work on getting a HERF together in July or early August, on a Saturday, here at the Bohemian Biergarten in NYC. It's outdoors, can seat many 100's and has 12 dollar pitchers.

Basically, I'm looking to find out what date might be good for folks. Apparently, they're doing world cup coverage through July 9th, so we should go with all Saturday's after this in July and early August. There are trees in the biergarten, so shade is not a problem in the July and August heat.

For those who'd be coming from the Northeast, and those who might be in town or want to be in town, let me know what dates would work. Once we get a general consensus, I'll report back with all the official information.

http://www.bohemianhall.com/home.htm
    Hrmmm, I wonder if I can scam a work trip to NY next month

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

How does July 22nd sound with the 23rd being the rain date?

First post edited, the date and time is official, so let's start getting a roll so I can tell the sponsors how many people we'll be expecting.

I will be there

*lol* Didn't even knew, that you call a Biergarten in US a Biergarten!
    What kind of beer they serve?

Btw: today's soccer result: Germany : Costa Rica - 4:2

A good start for us, isn't it?

It's a czech biergarten, but I use the german spelling because you invented the biergarten. Mostly Czech beers, but a few German's too.

I hope you don't call your "Budweiser" a czech beer
    This beer-colored lemonade is as horrible as like "Miller lite" & Co. The only good on this drinks are the ads in TV.
    I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it...

You guys cut this shit out. You're making me thirsty(not for the Bud or Miller). I just might have to hit the liquor store today for some real beer.

Now, if you get some, try Staropramen (czech strong beer). But careful, one bottle of that beer is like a gallon miller lite
    I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it...

BMC can we get sponsors for this ( if so how? ) and since I am in NY let me know if you need any help at all with setting this up

Dan

I am working on sponsors for sure. If you have any ins, then go ahead and give them a call, but in general, I've learned you need about a 45-50 person minimum guarantee to get sponsors, but if anyone knows any better, please let me know!

I don't have any ins with the sponsors, but if you know some that will guarantee sponsorship as long as we get enough people I can help. If you can get me the details with what they are asking for I can do some PR work and get them enough people to close this place down so we can have it just for ourselfs that day. After all I did PR as part of my job for the past 6 years so that part I can do no problem

I certainly appreciate the offer for help, but we definitely won't get 1000 people But, if you have cigar friends, or post on other boards, talk it up. Besides, if we got so many people we'd have to rent the place out, then it would cost money, and we don't want that.

Again, thanks for the offer for help, if I think of anything that I can't get done, I'll make sure to let you know. Look forward to meeting you at the Herf.

BTW, all you old fogies who frequent other boards, talk up the herf, get on people's butts to come, I've pm'ed everyone I can think of, so let's make this a great one.

Just an update, we have General Cigar as a confirmed sponsor and CAO with a verbal yes so far!

Thread Information