Thread: Cigar Box Question

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Default Cigar Box Question

OK, by the time I get back from Richmond and DC on the 24th of June, I think I'll have totally outgrown the 100 ct humi, 2 tupperdors and the tall-boy-6-pack sized coolerdor.

<<Yeah, I know, I know, I should have a 48 qt or something already!!>>

So, I have the cooler and beads on the way. I have 5 or 6 cigar boxes in which I'm going to store the singles, 5ers, etc, in the big cooler. These have been on a shelf in the laundry room for a while and are dried out by now. How long should they be in the cooler getting "seasoned" before I put the cigers in the boxes?? I know this is a very general question, but just as an idea. A week, a month??

Thanks.

Hey Newf,

I'd wet the cigar boxes with a clean sponge and distilled water (similar to seasoning a humi). Re-wet after 6-8 hours if still dry, etc. until the box stops sucking in moisture, then leave the box in the humi. By then, the beads should do the job of sucking in any excess moisture from the cooler environment.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Yup. I just wipe them down with distilled water and throw them in. As long as my RH stays relatively stable, I throw sticks in the box after a day or so.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

OK, thanks guys!

Thread Information