Thread: humidipuck good or bad??

Question humidipuck good or bad??

as a newb i am looking to use beads of some sort to humidify my shitty ebay humidor and the hopefully better one arriving friday. now i know that everyone uses heartfelt beads, but i was reading around on cigarpass.com and the crowd there seemed to support using the humidipuck humidifier. now to me the descriptions of the qualities of the humidipuck seemed to indicate it was just beads in a fancy package that made more convenient.

does anyone here use them?
    do they work?
    is it really beads just disguised?

also if i were to use beads what is the best way to store/keep them in the humidor?

thanks ya'll
    captain kirk

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.cigargroup.com/faq/

I could be mistaken but I believe the puck is just beads or bead material in a round puck that is meant to go where the round old school humidity device was.

The Humipuck is heartfelt beads, along with a sponge to make it a lot more user friendly. You just wet the sponge and go...no messing around with loose beads or tubes.

I still prefer the loose beads, but for my application I would probably need a dozen humi-pucks. I will probably still buy one for my desktop though. Both Mark with cigarmony.com and Mike? (I think) with heartfeltindustries.com will treat you right.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

thanks for the help guys
    i figured that one of each size will do me right for the desktops i have, b/c storing loose beads would be a bitch

ok i am a tard for not seeing the humidipuck on the heartfelt website

sorry yall

i am stupid
    Last edited by kirkus949; 06-07-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    captain kirk

5. Default

I seem to recall reading that the humidipuck is only for ~25 sticks (more like 15, I would think).

If you have a 40-50 stick humi, go for the 1 ounce tube. It takes up about the same amount of space as a 1/2 ounce tube (same diameter, just longer).

i have a 75 ish and a 300ish in the mail

what ounces do you reccomend?
    captain kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkus949
    i have a 75 ish and a 300ish in the mail

what ounces do you reccomend?
    All depends on the sq ft of the humidor..... contact Viper with the dimensions or check his web site.... I believe he has it posted
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    All depends on the sq ft of the humidor..... contact Viper with the dimensions or check his web site.... I believe he has it posted
    Howdy all.

The media in the Humidi-Puck and the media that David of Heartfelt (a good friend I might add) sells are one in the same.

This same EXACT media is utilized by the Smithsonian and the National Archives to preserve our nation's most precious documents!

I have been using the "prototype" Humidi-Puck for nearly 20 months now and it works like a charm.

There are two sizes and the amount that each regulates is dependent upon cubic inches and not the number of cigars.

For more info, check out the redesigned website - www.HumidiPuck.com

Hope this helps.

~Mark

I have a HUMI PUCK I use im my travel Otterbox!

WOrks like a charm!@

thanks guys

i appreciate the help and look to getting some beads (tube or puck) soon
    captain kirk

Thread Information