Thread: I'll be in San Antonio This Weekend

Default I'll be in San Antonio This Weekend

Hey I will be in San Antonio this weekend for a trade show. It is the AWWA annual convention and our company is setting up a booth. Anyone have any cigar shop suggestions while I am down there. Also any sites that we should go see. We have some free time to wander around. We will be definatly hitting the bars every night. I read in the news that a while ago they were arresting people for being drunk inside the bars so hopefully they have stopped that by the time that we get down there. I think that between my dad and I we could do some serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Hey I will be in San Antonio this weekend for a trade show. It is the AWWA annual convention and our company is setting up a booth. Anyone have any cigar shop suggestions while I am down there. Also any sites that we should go see. We have some free time to wander around. We will be definatly hitting the bars every night. I read in the news that a while ago they were arresting people for being drunk inside the bars so hopefully they have stopped that by the time that we get down there. I think that between my dad and I we could do some serious damage.
    Sights: You gotta check out the River Walk. It's a stretch of river with restaurants, bars w/live music, some shopping - much of it river level. Some restaurants on the river (dining boats), other stuff too - river taxis, etc. It's beautiful and clean.

And, the Alamo. Hands down, no shit, no way can you leave SA w/o seeing where Crockett, Travis, Bowie, and Co. made their last stand.

There's an IMAX close to the River Walk.

Other stuff

Cigars. Don't know SA that well, but I'll bet money there's a cigar shop on the River. If not, there'll be a ton of 'em in the Yellow Pages.
    Last edited by basil; 06-08-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

RiverWalk is great I was there in Dec 04. pleny of things to do and I am sure you will meet some Mavericks fans also since they made the finals.

There are enough cigar shops in the area and steaks are amazing

Have fun and take some pics

Yep - do the Riverwalk - the Alamo's right outside the back door - literally.... No, really - you walk out the back door (near the Morton's Steak House) and it's right there... You think I'm kidding don't you...

Inside of the Riverwalk mall there's a place called Latin Gold - they roll the cigars right there. And ther are GOOD, GOOD GOOD!! Check 'em out...

You also gotta go to Rudy's BBQ. There's one in Leon Springs (just north of San Antonio). Well worth the trip...

bigpoppapuff Guest

go to fay willie's for a slab of ribs....and if they can ship....send me some....i'll load you up with cigars...

We are staying at the Holiday Inn on the Riverwalk and the convention center is also right there. We are looking right now at the different places that are on the riverwalk to eat at. We figured we better make reservations since there are going to be a ton of people there at the convention. We are looking for a couple good steak joints to take some of our customers to.

Zuni's is a favorite restaurant for me. Tables outside or inside, even a little balcony upstairs. They have a great seared rare tuna appetizer. they take a tostida type chip, add a piece of seared rare tuna a little quacomole and a slice of jalapeno. Soy sauce and Wasabi on the side. GOOD STUFF.

Filet with mashed potatoes not bad and some serious margaritas with Cactus juice or something special.

Must try.

Make sure you check out Dicks last resort, a favorite watering hole, and you can get a commemorative mug, "Big-Ass Beer", of which I haved two.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in San Antonio by far. Check it out.
    http://www.lafogata.com/HomeLaFogata.htm

One more thing - check out Dirty Nellys pub - they have a piano guy who plays songs and sings little ditties that make ya laff yer ass off.

Blog Entries

Look me up you silly person, I live in SA!

How did you like SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    We will be definatly hitting the bars every night. I read in the news that a while ago they were arresting people for being drunk inside the bars so hopefully they have stopped that by the time that we get down there. I think that between my dad and I we could do some serious damage.
    They should have stopped cracking down on that by now, but if you make the special effort maybe you can be that lucky exception

Thread Information