Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first ISOM

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryprod
    Okay-
    Change of topic but I searched and I need to know...

ISOM=?
    Island South Of Miami

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    snip...Uh, where did you ask for "advice" ...snip
    I think this can be considered "asking". I don't have the command of the English language that some do, but I think this is pretty clear:

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    CC, be assured I'm not trying to argue or disagree with you, I just want to better understand something I'm not really sure of....snip

Once again, you're acting snotty and it's very unbecoming.:smiley2...snip
    Sorry CC, but I don't consider a comment like I made with that smiley after it "acting snotty".

snip... Do you REALLY think that telling me to "take a pill" was not out of line?
    ....snip
    After your comments, no I don't.

snip....and get "shit on" here? You're out of line here. Hint, quit while you're behind.
    Here CC, this is where you shit on me (or us):

snip..... neither of you seem to know WTF you're talking about. I on the other hand think I do and have provided supporting evidence to get to the bottom of this.
    I think I just figured it out too, now I think I know why you have this attitude.

Thanks Newfie
    "Enter cool cigar related quote here"

http://www.daveandcourtscorner.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    Just to clarify...yes it may say something in the book about a machine made hard to find smoke, but what was the publish date of the book CC?

I know for a fact where that stick came from that Dan smoked, and I assure you that it was a Hand Made, Partagas Petit Coronas Especials made in February 2006.
    The publish date of the book is 2003 and the copyright date I have on the HabanosSA document is 2002. One possible explanation is that HabanosSA has changed the Partagas PCEs to a hand made cigar sometime after 2003. Again, I find no evidence from any published information I have that supports this but your photos obviously conflict with what I have. Another possibility is that your box is fake but that's probably not likely since the box in your photographs look very authentic to me.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-09-2006 at 12:38 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I think this can be considered "asking". I don't have the command of the English language that some do, but I think this is pretty clear:

Sorry CC, but I don't consider a comment like I made with that smiley after it "acting snotty".

After your comments, no I don't.

Here CC, this is where you shit on me (or us):

I think I just figured it out too, now I think I know why you have this attitude.

You're out of line and if you can't realize this then I don't know what more to say to you. What we have here folks is another 90 day wonder with an attitude that if he continues to keep won't find himself being look upon very favorably.

Your destiny in in your own hands newfie, don't continue to screw yourself.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Thanks to anew friend up north I got my hands on a few ISOMs

Decided to start with a Partagas Shorts leaving the best for last

When I looked at it first I though ok too many veins but it does have a nice velvety feel with oily and brown wrapper. But how is that different from what I have smoked before especially with a length of about 5 and a ring gauge of around 40 - I have seen things more mpressive before. But keeping an open mind I started my journey

The cap is cut and the pre-light fraw is tighter than the non ISOMs but def not plugged.

I have infront of me a cup of very nice coffe and I am ready to light this one up. Amazingly the cigar does not bet burned a lot on the edges but maybe just a 1/5 of an inch all around perfect burn.

So I am ready to get hit with the strength of what I heard ISOMs are all about. Nothing of the kind. Just a nice smooth draw with hints of spice. One inch down I see very nice holding ash and all I get is pure smoothness and spices galore. Interesting thing is its not just spicy but a multitude of spices that keep changing from pull to pull. I already like this Now I get some hints of earth, wood, and leather. Ok this is interesting I am half way through this beauty so I will change it up a bit

Now I have a glass with 12 year old Mc'Callan scotch aged in cherry wood.

And just in time the cigar changes into a reall erthy herby type of taste, I smell a nice medow pine, and smoke but not the fire fire help me kind but like a nice smoked meat kind as the cigar turns to mere mellow nutty flavors now.

How can they get so many tastes and smells into such a little cigar.

Jim -- I am on a slippery slope indeed

No more writing I am going to take this one right to the fingers burning finish
    CgarDan,
    Regardless of wtf you smoked, congrats on your first ISOM. Sounds like you enjoyed it which is what its all about.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF
    CgarDan,
    Regardless of wtf you smoked, congrats on your first ISOM. Sounds like you enjoyed it which is what its all about.
    Well said!

CC, I'm throwing this back in your face

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 (thrown back by newfie)
    You're out of line and if you can't realize this then I don't know what more to say to you. ...snip

I don't know what I did to deserve you calling me a "90 day wonder". I resent that remark and will put it up to you getting challenged and can't respond any other way.
    snip....What we have here folks is another 90 day wonder with an attitude that if he continues to keep won't find himself being look upon very favorably.

Your destiny in in your own hands newfie, don't continue to screw yourself.
    I have been successful and upstanding in many dealings with Newbies and FOGs alike in conversations, purchases and trades, and I think your claim is uncalled for. For some reason, you have singled me out and I not sure you even know why.

In this thread, you've had 8 replies, and 6 of them have included attacks on me (and in some cases, another member / other members).

• You challenged my spelling of Petite in a post as Petit being correct (fine, I accepted that)
    • You jumped on my use of "there's" where it should have been "there are". No problem, I accepted that too. I'm well accustomed to seeing you challenging people's grammer and spellling (on multiple boards, I might add). (BTW, I won't lower myself to correct your mistakes in this form.)
    • Your third post contained these words "neither of you seem to know WTF you're talking about" that I assume was aimed at Dan, Drew or myself, or maybe all of us.
    • In your fourth post, you challenged my little joking dig "You a friggin' English teacher or something? " (once again, I stress that with those smileys at the end, there was no harm intended.) If you can't take a joke, that's your issue and I accept that, and assure you it won't happen again.
    • After this post, I told you to "take a pill". I think that was justified by your attitude, and from following posts, it's obvious you didn't take my friendly advice.
    • You replied to this with "with that statement I really feel like telling you to go fuck yourself but I'll refrain from saying that"
    • Your last post (at this time, I'm sure there'll be more) of this thread you called me a 90 day wonder. As I said above, I resent that.

CC, as Drew said before me, I have always had a great respect for your advice (when it comes to cigars) and your knowledge. However, some of the contents of your series of posts in this thread leave a little to be desired with your personality. That being said, you're not in this world to please me, and I'm not in this world to please you. I, my friend, can accept that.

The question is:

"Can you?"

Newf I would like to greatly thank you for the Cigar that was in fact outstanding and CC you have always provided very valuable info here on the board. But I have to arm myself with riot gear and step in to break this up.

You are both very cool people so let's end this dispute exchange some smokes as a sign of friendship and solidify that gesture with a solid handshake ( HM HM ) I mean some nice drinks

Partagas Shorts are a nice cigar, but a short smoke. Best they are, if you got one of 3 or more years out of a 50 cab (I finished one in January).
    Partagas Petit Coronas are out of production and no longer offered by Habanos S.A.

Greetings from Germany
    Holger

Scanned this thread very quickly and I think some clarification can be had here:

Totalmente a mano

Totally by hand. A description created in Cuba to differentiate between the Cuban method of making cigars by hand and the semi-mechanised techniques used elsewhere that can legally be described as ‘Hecho a mano’ or ‘Hand-Made’.

Also, Newfie, some well-intended advice: Log off, get some time between yourself and these postings, come back tomorrow or even next week and then come back and consider what's important here.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

CC, I'm throwing this back in your face

I don't know what I did to deserve you calling me a "90 day wonder". I resent that remark and will put it up to you getting challenged and can't respond any other way.

I have been successful and upstanding in many dealings with Newbies and FOGs alike in conversations, purchases and trades, and I think your claim is uncalled for. For some reason, you have singled me out and I not sure you even know why.

In this thread, you've had 8 replies, and 6 of them have included attacks on me (and in some cases, another member / other members).

• You challenged my spelling of Petite in a post as Petit being correct (fine, I accepted that)
    • You jumped on my use of "there's" where it should have been "there are". No problem, I accepted that too. I'm well accustomed to seeing you challenging people's grammer and spellling (on multiple boards, I might add). (BTW, I won't lower myself to correct your mistakes in this form.)
    • Your third post contained these words "neither of you seem to know WTF you're talking about" that I assume was aimed at Dan, Drew or myself, or maybe all of us.
    • In your fourth post, you challenged my little joking dig "You a friggin' English teacher or something? " (once again, I stress that with those smileys at the end, there was no harm intended.) If you can't take a joke, that's your issue and I accept that, and assure you it won't happen again.
    • After this post, I told you to "take a pill". I think that was justified by your attitude, and from following posts, it's obvious you didn't take my friendly advice.
    • You replied to this with "with that statement I really feel like telling you to go fuck yourself but I'll refrain from saying that"
    • Your last post (at this time, I'm sure there'll be more) of this thread you called me a 90 day wonder. As I said above, I resent that.

CC, as Drew said before me, I have always had a great respect for your advice (when it comes to cigars) and your knowledge. However, some of the contents of your series of posts in this thread leave a little to be desired with your personality. That being said, you're not in this world to please me, and I'm not in this world to please you. I, my friend, can accept that.

The question is:

"Can you?"
    You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper, don't you?

It's pretty clear you are extremely thin skinned and cannot accept criticism. Case in point, you made spelling errors, I pointed them out and you conclude this is some kind of "challenge" and whine about how I "jumped" on you.

You admit to making a "dig" and now you're back peddling by trying to claim it was some kind of "joke" Bullshit, you're whiny little ass was all butt hurt and you responded with an attack. What whiny little babies like you cannot understand is I correct your spelling because you were wrong which was not an attack, a flame or name calling, yet you perceive that it was and you got your little feelings all hurt and then your meltdown started.

Oh, the "neither of you know WTF you're talking about" was indeed aimed at you and CDan ONLY (not drew_goring) because neither of you do. Stating facts is not flaming. On the other hand, look at how drew_goring handled himself in this whole situation. He presented his arguments reasonably and respectfully. I have absolutely no problem with him at all. You on the other hand I have major concerns with.

Now you've proven yourself to be basically nothing but an asshole by claiming you were JUSTIFIED with your "pill" comment because of your stupid, wrong-headed conclusions about some "attitude" So you admit to flaming and name-calling and think there was absolutely nothing wrong with what you did? That is truly laughable and if you cannot see that you are not going to find your stay here to be a pleasant one if you don't change your attitude and get that huge chip off of your shoulder.

If I made or make spelling errors, you are more than welcome to point those out to me at any time. There is nothing wrong with that at all, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I can accept that. Unlike you, I won't whine about it, make up lame excuses or take it personally and start going into attack mode.

Aw gee, you resent being called a "90-day wonder" well if the shoe fits......

You may think that there's a "little to be desired with my personality" well let me clue ya in on something, there are MANY more people here that think there's A LOT to be desired with yours after your display here.

You'd be wise to heed Basil's advice. Do yourself a HUGE favor and resist the urge to post in this thread again, okay?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Scanned this thread very quickly and I think some clarification can be had here:

Totalmente a mano

Totally by hand. A description created in Cuba to differentiate between the Cuban method of making cigars by hand and the semi-mechanised techniques used elsewhere that can legally be described as ‘Hecho a mano’ or ‘Hand-Made’.
    Basil (or whomever can answer)-
    I do have a question about the differences between “made by hand” and “totally made by hand”. What process is semi- mechanized per say when they are trying to differentiate between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryprod
    Basil (or whomever can answer)-
    I do have a question about the differences between “made by hand” and “totally made by hand”. What process is semi- mechanized per say when they are trying to differentiate between the two?
    I do know there are cigars that are made by machine, but finished by hand (i.e. Quinteros). I believe there are those cigars that are TOTALLY machine made, some that are made by machine but finished by hand, while most others that are totally made by hand....

Hope I just confused the crap out of ya'...

Oh, the "neither of you know WTF you're talking about" was indeed aimed at you and CDan ONLY (not drew_goring) because neither of you do.

CC I understand that I am a newbie on this board and I never claimed to be the know it all but at the same time if you are so obsessed with being all proper and fixing others spelling mistakes perhaps you can also be a little more diplomatic in expressing your opinions I really feel that the quote above is somewhat crude and resentfull especially since no one really had any intention of disrespect to you.

I do admit not knowing anything about ISOMS -- made even more obvious by the name of this thread but -- but I think we can all be more civilized and try to post our comments without insulting each other.

I want to offer you my hand of friendship and hope there are mo hard feelings and we can put this small flare up behind us

Dan, just a note to apologize for having a part in jacking the bee-jeezuz out of your thread. Hope you enjoy the smokes!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Dan, just a note to apologize for having a part in jacking the bee-jeezuz out of your thread. Hope you enjoy the smokes!

Take care and have a great weekend.
    Its cool the cigars more than made up for it

Good Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    I want to offer you my hand of friendship and hope there are mo hard feelings and we can put this small flare up behind us

You want "mo" hard feelings??? That doesn't sound good...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Hope I just confused the crap out of ya'...
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    You want "mo" hard feelings??? That doesn't sound good...
    Did I say " mo " ( heating myself over the head )

Thread Information