Thread: Any predictions this weekend?(boxing)

Default Any predictions this weekend?(boxing)

Ok guys,2 fights this weekend.Tarver-Hopkins and Cotto-Malinaggi.As much as I like B-hop I think Tarver will be too strong and put him on the canvas.I hope I am wrong though.As far as the other,I would say Cotto.Excellent skills and proven heart.Also a slightly soft chin which makes for an exciting fight.Too bad I wont be renting either one.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i hope hopkins has something left in the tank...sadly,i doubt it....cotto-malinaggi should be a war....i like cotto.....

Quote Originally Posted by dpenix76
    Ok guys,2 fights this weekend.Tarver-Hopkins and Cotto-Malinaggi.As much as I like B-hop I think Tarver will be too strong and put him on the canvas.I hope I am wrong though.As far as the other,I would say Cotto.Excellent skills and proven heart.Also a slightly soft chin which makes for an exciting fight.Too bad I wont be renting either one.
    I'm not much of a fan of Tarver. This guy was raised only to beat Roy Jones, and I don't think he has big enough adaptability to be one of the remembered fighters. As far as any The Executioner goes, this is his last chance to really show he belongs in the game. The problem with B Hop is he waits....and waits. He doesn't push the action enough, especially at his age. I expect this to be similar to Hopkins vs. Taylor 1. Very drawn out and boring, going the full 12 rounds. I choose Tarver by way of Decision.
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

unofficial....hopkins 5 rds to 1...with a 10-8 in the 5th...

bigpoppapuff Guest

7-1 now...all hopkins needs to do is stay out of trouble....

bigpoppapuff Guest

unanimous decision...hopkins beats tarver easily......i guess he had lots more in the tank than tarver did....

Way to go Bernard!Damn,I wish I could have watched that one.Thanks BPP!

Unfortunately I missed the fight. I guess HBO's re-runs will come in handy.
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."
    -- Mark Twain

Thread Information