Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: birthday club...

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    All you - good way to build credibility. ... so long as you don't send swisher sweets
    Hey, 1101:

I am not out to build credibility at this point. If my actions and persona do not speak for themselves yet, then wtf? I am simply out to reward newbs with cigars they would not / -or- would take awhile to smoke. I have no interest in rewarding those who have a stash. So, bugger off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1101, you seem like the prime candidate to host here. If not, someone who is trying to build "credibility" should...

I am honestly sorry to back out. I would like to diversify my involvement a bit.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Hey, 1101:

I am not out to build credibility at this point. If my actions and persona do not speak for themselves yet, then wtf? I am simply out to reward newbs with cigars they would not / -or- would take awhile to smoke. I have no interest in rewarding those who have a stash. So, bugger off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1101, you seem like the prime candidate to host here. If not, someone who is trying to build "credibility" should...

I am honestly sorry to back out. I would like to diversify my involvement a bit.

SLC I think he was reffering to me since I am a newbie

ok so far we have in this order of Bdays

SmokinDVM 10/15
    Newfie 1/17
    Kirkus949 2/7
    DreGoring 6/14
    CgarDan 6/24

3 smokes each to the bday boy / girl ( if we get any )

Lets get 5-7 more people

Hey, 1101:

SLC... that was for CgarDan... as I thought I indicated with my quote from him... chill out...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Hey, 1101:

Hey James...easy now he was referring to Dan. Believe me, your stash is amazing...no question about that. And I would trust you with my first born
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

ooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppps!!!

My bad. Sorry 1101 and Drew!

Still working on my stash. Not sufficient yet!. I did not mean to get coy with anyone. Especially, you two. Please forgive me -- please forgive me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    How about if we changed it to 2-3 nice sticks per sperson and cap it at 8 people?

Would that work better? I agree...atm 5-6 sticksx12 is a little rich for my blood.

i can kind of see your point...but how will you feel around your birthday when you get around 70-80 cigars??......will it be worth it then??....

lol, for slc, "coy" =

Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i can kind of see your point...but how will you feel around your birthday when you get around 70-80 cigars??......will it be worth it then??....
    I definately agree with you. I would probably be in as well, but the problem is finding 9 others to be in as well.

Hard to find the balance between enough smokes and enough people if you know what I mean

bigpoppapuff Guest

how about this.......this thread is for 10-12 guys who'll send 5-6 cigars.....start a different thread for those who think this one is too steep...

What the hell?????????? Coy -or no- coy???? Why does coy automatically = ??? I can use a new word: Modest, bashful, timid, reserved, demure...
    Last edited by slcraiders; 06-13-2006 at 10:40 AM.

--Drive-By Truckers

how about this.......this thread is for 10-12 guys who'll send 5-6 cigars.....start a different thread for those who think this one is too steep...
    I am staying in. Hell if its ok with you guys I will be in both threads

BPP you want the lead back ?

goddammit, somebody hold this guy down while I give 'im a wedgie! No offense bro, just Laughin' Out Loud! Maybe I read it wrong - it's all good though!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Considering getting in. My bday is 9/27. A definite maybe.

I will need some advice on what to send though. Price, brand etc?

Quote Originally Posted by planenut
    Considering getting in. My bday is 9/27. A definite maybe.

I will need some advice on what to send though. Price, brand etc?

I'm if we go with a 2-3 count Birthday Club. Much more manageable for me.
    08/06

bigpoppapuff Guest

like i said...if you want to start a smaller b'day club...start a different thread...

I am in. I will start a new list. This is for people who want to do the 5-6 sticks per person for each bday. (in order). This will be starting July 1/06

SmokinDVM....10/15
    newfie....1/17
    drew_goring...6/14
    cgar dan.........6/24
    BPP........6/27(?)

Anyone else?

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'll stay out...my b'day is too close to dan's...

Eshaw; Hefty how about it you guys would be first in line July and Aug

i'll stay out...my b'day is too close to dan's...
    You sure? I don't mind

Thread Information