Thread: Worm Alert

1. Default Worm Alert

Just tried to log in at Snobs and my Norton caught a worm trying to invade.

Anybody else??

bigpoppapuff Guest

cheeze...who is a member here and at the RNB bb posted it over there that he had had a problem.....

snobs is pretty much a wasteland anyway..imo...

Yes. I got two different download viruses and a trojan horse earlier from snobs. That was a work. I just changed to a yr. old desk top at home and don't have an anti-virus yet so I'm not going back until tomorrow.

yep same here. My virus scan killed that bitch though.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I'm using a Mac..... so no viruses here. But I do get this message everytime a page attempts to load:

The page “Cigar Snobs Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)” has content of MIME type “`text/x-scriptlet`”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.
    I have never gotten this message before and it does slow down my computer..... guess something is up
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I'm using a Mac..... so no viruses here.
    No need to rub it in our faces

7. Default

got the same thing this morning at utopia and was like WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    cheeze...who is a member here and at the RNB bb posted it over there that he had had a problem.....

Sorry you feel that way Pop....I'll keep that in mind for the next raffle/ contest.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo
    Sorry you feel that way Pop....I'll keep that in mind for the next raffle/ contest.

i believe i did donate something...and would do it again.....i'd like to see more activity there...as would you,i'd guess...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    Don't think it's a wasteland...Much can be learned there.

Well Pop, yes you did donate to the raffle. That's why I made the comment as it sounded like sarcasm to me.

I really have no intentions of the site becoming huge and I like the fact that it's slow there. We have are moments. I also have a life, work 2 jobs and am putting two kids through college. I'm sure anyone who knows me knows that responsibility comes before fun.

Ken made a good point though, you have to stick around to reap the benefits of my board...

Cigarsnobs is not a wasteland imo either. Snobs is a slick site with a lot of great members. Lee is one of the best people around. Snobs is very slow, traffic and post wise --compared to this site or cpass. My only guess is that it is fairly politics free. Cpass is a good site too, but it has grown so large in membership that I only read 1/20th of posts after filtering through thread titles. One thing I will say: If someone f*cks up (which people are bound to do), oh boy- do they hear about it at Snobs.

Yes, BPP did donate something to the cause of enhancing Snobs. He donated so much that I had to purchase another humidor. 20 pack, my ass.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Lee is one of the best people around.
    So, Lee's giving nickel blowjobs behind the Quickie Mart again I take it.......

So is the virus taken care of?

Yeah, we're back up and all is well. Seems the hackers went on a terror the last few days...it happens and every time it does, I learn a few things.

George said he was going to post over here to report we were back online but he forgot. Guess I'm gonna have to fire his ass!

Maybe you can get sarge to fed-ex him some fire ants.

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo
    Yeah, we're back up and all is well. Seems the hackers went on a terror the last few days...it happens and every time it does, I learn a few things.

George said he was going to post over here to report we were back online but he forgot. Guess I'm gonna have to fire his ass!

I told you that when I was in the car driving home, ya goof... Give me a chance.. SHEEESSSSHHHHH.....

FYI...

The forum is being upgraded and will hopefully be back up sometime this evening.

I'll also be moving to a better web hosting company as the one I'm with currently sucks ass!

Lee

Friggen pissants from Europe...

Anyone interested in joining me for a European vacation - blanket party style???

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Maybe you can get sarge to fed-ex him some fire ants.
    Been on the lookout for them bastids. Saw a mound a foot and a half tall last week in Mississippi.

Be glad to ship the culprits a few.

Thread Information