Thread: Trojan Horse virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Trojan Horse virus

Anyone know how to get rid of it? My computer is infected and my anti-virus software can't clean it or quarantine it.

can you tell us which specific virus you have?

once you know that then usually there is a cleaning tool for that specific virus, but we cant get ya that tool with out the name...

also do you have your virus scanner fully updated? that can help a ton!
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Trojan.Domcom, ipreg32.dll are the two names the virus scan refers to as I assume the type of virus it is. Don't know if that helps. And yeah, the software is updated, but just installed yesterday. The virus has been on the computer for several days. It is my work computer and I was under the assumption that it was protected, but obviously it wasn't. So the software should prevent further viruses from getting in, but this one was already there and it (software) can't remove it. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info.

I'm not finding a cleaner right off the bat... i'll look more later when im not getting ready for a party/dinner

if its a work computer you should be able to talk to the tech about it and have him deal with it...
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

I work for a small department and there is no tech person. We are kinda our own tech person. I can have someone come in and take care of this, but thought if there was a not too difficult way to do it myself, I would just go that route to save some time.

Puff,

I always "google" the exact name of the virus, then I read through all the different posts, to find out how to get rid of it. It has never failed me. Good luck.

Thread Information