Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Don Collins Cigars San Juan, Puerto Rico

1. Default

I've actually heared of Don Collins cigars. Cigar Aficionado had a write up on them I believe. Good move on their part giving a few out. I'll be waiting on a result.

OK...Who the fuck is TheChronic and who does he think he is? I hope he is ready for the "full effect".

Come and "kowtow" with the "big boys"...It will be fun. Bet this guy is a banned asshat come back to be re-roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    I've actually heared of Don Collins cigars. Cigar Aficionado had a write up on them I believe. Good move on their part giving a few out. I'll be waiting on a result.

OK...Who the fuck is TheChronic and who does he think he is? I hope he is ready for the "full effect".

Come and "kowtow" with the "big boys"...It will be fun. Bet this guy is a banned asshat come back to be re-roasted.

Sarge could you let me know which Issue of CA had the write up if you have it handy. I would love to read up on it.

Thanks

Dan

You should leave one out of the humi for a couple weeks and then see how it smokes
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan
    Sarge could you let me know which Issue of CA had the write up if you have it handy. I would love to read up on it.

Thanks

Dan
    A bud of mine had one he pulled out of a pass on another board. If I remember I googled it and found the write up.

Sorry guy's I'm still stuck on the part where "We sell on QUALITY not price. We Guarantee the cigars for 2 years without a humidor and you will not find this guarantee from any corporation". Geeze.. I've had enough of european cigars in the shop that don't sell. And after smoking a couple I see why.

6. Default Don Collins Cigars

I'm sorry but you cannot compare EUROPEAN tobacco to PuertoRican tobacco. And if you have "bad cigars", shelf life is what makes them a bad smoke. Or maybe they could be counterfeits. This is just an opinion not a bash .. so don't take it the wrong way.

Thanks for the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl
    Sorry guy's I'm still stuck on the part where "We sell on QUALITY not price. We Guarantee the cigars for 2 years without a humidor and you will not find this guarantee from any corporation". Geeze.. I've had enough of european cigars in the shop that don't sell. And after smoking a couple I see why.
    DON COLLINS CIGARS
    59 Calle Cristo
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
    787-977-2983
    www.don-collins.com

bigpoppapuff Guest

see my review in the review section......the lonsdale was terrific...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    see my review in the review section......the lonsdale was terrific...
    so now that we know it's a good stick, bpp - can you leave one out in the open for a couple weeks and then smoke it? i still want to see the 2 year guarantee... (seriously).
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Keeping a cigar out of a hmidor for 2 years? That has me warry. Unless you live in 65% - 70% with 65 - 70 degree temp's year round.

10. Default

Wow, what a turn-around! Im happy tha someone got to try a PR tobacco and like it. Maybe now some of the new people who read the threads aren't scared away.
    I know what im goona do! Just keep on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_smoker
    Wow, what a turn-around! Im happy tha someone got to try a PR tobacco and like it. Maybe now some of the new people who read the threads aren't scared away.
    I know what im goona do! Just keep on

See, we know what we are doing. The best advertisement is from the smokers themselves.

There are still a few people that are going to try them, can't wait for the reviews!

12. Default Don Collins cigars

Still waiting on the reviews. Let's see if we get more from the other designated smokers.

Thanks for the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    See, we know what we are doing. The best advertisement is from the smokers themselves.

There are still a few people that are going to try them, can't wait for the reviews!
    DON COLLINS CIGARS
    59 Calle Cristo
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
    787-977-2983
    www.don-collins.com

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post

If you want to try a free sample please contact me.

On second thought, I think it's people like me that made him not want to just send out samples. I don't think I could write a decent enough review to merit the sample
    Last edited by mills; 03-23-2007 at 07:46 PM.

damnit, I wish I had remembered about this guy when I was down there!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Edited because I can't read apparently.
    Last edited by guado; 03-23-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Mario posted the sampler offer again yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Mario posted the sampler offer again yesterday.
    Eeek!!! <hangs head in shame>

I reread all of this thread. I now remember BPP's reviews on the sticks and he loved them. I just got real turned off by the way it was introduced.
    Last edited by guado; 03-23-2007 at 10:19 AM.

19. Default

I'll be in Puerto Rico in June. Looks like I can pay them a visit.

Blog Entries

I missed this whole thread.

So, did he actually ever send any samples to anyone? If so, how are they?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information