Thread: Don Collins Cigars San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Wow, after all of this I wouldn't buy from them. Im pretty sure that this is not the advertisement Don Collins wanted.

Oh. And yes my great grandfather Pedro Flor Rivera use to work in the field in Toa Alta back in the 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_smoker
    Wow, after all of this I wouldn't buy from them. Im pretty sure that this is not the advertisement Don Collins wanted.
    Precisely the point that people here have been trying to make.

Don Collins et al wandered in here and stepped on his dick because he did not "sample" the board before making his sales pitch.

The boys here are wise enough to want to "sample" these glorious cigars before commiting to a purchase. They do not want to make a mistake like Mr. Collins and crew has.

So here is something to kow tow towards: go "sample" 1,000 posts on this and other boards, then the three of you sit down, and come up with a new game plan.

In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

bigpoppapuff Guest

don collins has offered samplers to at least two CS regulars....
    mario is okay....proud (justly) of his heritage....i'm still waiting for "chronic" to man up and try out the "big boys"......

Blog Entries

I love to watch people just come in here and attempt to have their way.

Chronic, read my first post on this thread...I did do some research on this company. They are not new nor young compared to what they advertise.

"Don Collins Cigars
    One of Puerto Rico's oldest and leading tobacconists, this shop sells hand-rolled cigars following the Taino Indian tradition. The Old San Juan locale is a small retail store that does rolling exhibitions throughout the day, and you will be greeted by friendly personnel who are eager to share stories about the cigar factory which was set up in 1493 in Toa Alta (southwest of Old San Juan). It sells a wide range of Puerto Rican cigars from the top-of-the-line Piramides to the most popular Lonsdales and Coronas. Daily 10 am-6 pm. 59 Calle Cristo, Old San Juan, San Juan. Phone 977-2983. http://www.don-collins.com"

This was posted on http://www.designcommunity.com/discussion/3267.html in Nov 2000
    "The Don Collins Cigar Factory, is the oldest cigar factory in the world. Cigars originated with the Taino Indians, native to Puerto Rico." That was posted by the webmaster of Don Collins Cigars.

Now, with that said. They are unknown here. I would love to sample a smoke of their's. However, I'm not just going to purchase a large bundle to try one smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChronic
    The saying "cigars sell themselves" means that when you taste the cigars you realize just how damn good they are and then people start buying them from that first impression they recieve from the smoke.
    The most popular smoke in America is the Macanudo and all of us hate them. Yet their advertisement says they are a classic and best.

"Every time you light up a Macanudo, you can count on the world's top selling cigar to always delivers the same distinctively smooth, mellow taste."

Saying is one thing. We are trying to give Don Collins Cigar company a chance letting them know how they can get good advertisement. You on the other hand don't know jack here...so unless you got something useful to say, get off our boards.

bigpoppapuff Guest

and one of the "big boys" steps up....there are others.......waiting...waiting...for chronic to man up and have at it.....but wait...what's that i hear??.....

damned if it isn't crickets....

6. Default Don Collins Cigars

Yes, I have offered to send out samples to only a select few whom I think have a strong sense of taste for fine quality tobacco. I would like for them to give me feedback as to how the cigars faired in their eyes as I truly believe that they will be very pleased with the cigars as I feel they are the very best out there. If you are the"big boys" then you will appreciate a quality smoke and provide me with positive or negative feedback. I like the fact that some take the time to do RESEARCH and learn of the company, and know we are not some fly-by-night corporation. Let's see how this ends up as I am looking to expand into the US and see if I can compete with your "big boys".... I know I can !

Thanks for the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    and one of the "big boys" steps up....there are others.......waiting...waiting...for chronic to man up and have at it.....but wait...what's that i hear??.....

damned if it isn't crickets....
    Last edited by Don Collins Cigars; 06-23-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    DON COLLINS CIGARS
    59 Calle Cristo
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
    787-977-2983
    www.don-collins.com

Cool beans, I was kinda curious about these but couldn't afford to grab a bundle on curiosity alone. For that price I could buy a couple boxes of Sancho Panza'a and a case of beer.

Thread Information