Thread: Stores in Richmond to go to.

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Default Stores in Richmond to go to.

These is a list of some of the better places to get cigars at while you are visiting Richmond.

1. Havanna Connections~ You have to hit up one of the Havanna Connections in the area. The one i go to most is on 360 Hull Street. I know both the man that works down there by first name base, but also the Owner of all of the Havanna Connections Stores. Amazing amount of variety, but also great prices and very friendly people. Also carry pipe tobacco as well. http://www.havanaconnections.com/

2.Old Virginia Tobacco Store~ Very good store. Not as many cigars Havana has, but they have cigars that Havana does not carry, like Gurka and Onyx. They have there own cigar that they sell that is very good, plus the largest selections of Ashtons I have ever seen. THe one i go to is on Cary Town which is a bunch of funny black people that smoke and talk about basketball all day. Great atmosphere, and not bad prices either. Carry pipe tobacco as well. http://www.ovtc.com/

3.Private Stock Cigar and Wine~I have been in this place only a few times becasue there prices arnt that great and not a very good selection. Plus, im not old enough to buy wine anyways. Prices rnt bad, but could use improvement. But if you fell like having a glass of wine and a cigar, then this might be your place to go.
    12A East Main Street
    Richmond
    804/344-0704

4. Uncle Mikeys Herf House Cigars~Mr. Bundles is in our area. There is not much i can tell you about this place becasue I have only been there once, and i got an akward eye from the man himself becasue of my age. The shop is a bit hard to find. You have to keep your eye out for its small sign. The shop is not that attractive. In a small little building behind a couple of restaurants. The store itself is very ugly. The carpet is all stained, the couches look to be 30 years old. They have a pretty nice selection though. Prices are outragous at the store compared to online.

5.The Tobacco Store~Been here many times. They have a small selection, but great prices. They carry the major brands, but not many of them. AF, H. Upmann, Partagas, Mac's, R&J's. Plus a few not as known brands. Also have cigarettes, and the cheapy cigars. One stop shop for everything tobacco related, except pipe tobacco.

Misc Stores
    1. Island Tobacco
    2. A&K Tobacco
    3. Smoke Shop
    4. R.S. Express
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Blog Entries

Very nice list!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I was at that OVTC on Cary twice. The old guy on the counter (Dave I think) was a cool guy. I bought several singles there and a couple of boxes the next day. I bought a sampler of their Cabinet and Executive series'. Wasn't too fussy about the Cabinet, but went back and got a box of the Executives. Maduro Robustos. Those are pretty good.

Looks like I didn't miss much at Uncle Mikeys. It was closed for vacation. I was hoping to score some for those on-line prices, but I guess not.

I wish I'd known about the Havana Connections. Next trip I guess.

Thanks for the list leeroy.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

oh, u missed havana, thats too bad. Its my favorite store. Bernie is the clerk who works at the store by me. I get discounts from him, and he even lets me work for him behind the counter and on the floor occasionally. Im pretty much his best customer in that area hahaha. Next time your in richmond, ill tell you were the closest store near you is at.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy_Fan
    oh, u missed havana, thats too bad. Its my favorite store. Bernie is the clerk who works at the store by me. I get discounts from him, and he even lets me work for him behind the counter and on the floor occasionally. Im pretty much his best customer in that area hahaha. Next time your in richmond, ill tell you were the closest store near you is at.
    Do you mean the one over by Short Pump mall? My mom lives over by there and I stop by the Havana's when I'm down in town. Nice little store, nice selection too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    Do you mean the one over by Short Pump mall? My mom lives over by there and I stop by the Havana's when I'm down in town. Nice little store, nice selection too.
    No i was talking about the one on Hull Street near 288. I like the short pump mall there. The clerk that usually works over there is Bernies younger brother. Look almost alike and talk alike too. Crazy. Then there is one on 3 chopt road which is the origional store. Then the one on cournthouse and Midlothian Tnpk. Jason works there
    Brad Shaw

-- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

U live around herer Juan???
    Brad Shaw

-- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Thread Information