Thread: Guantanamera Cristales ISOM's

Question Guantanamera Cristales ISOM's

Thoughts? Thanks in advance guys.......
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Machine made, pretty mild for an ISOM. I bought a couple of these while in Jamaica. Went into a local shop looking for some ISOMs(yeah I know, stupid newb) and the shop owner recomended these for a beginner. I think they were authentic, why would anybody want to fake a cheap smoke. I'm sure the $8 a piece that I paid was marked up quite a bit.

I haven't had any since then, but I know I've had a lot better cigars than the Quantanamera.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Pretty well everything WOXOF said is true. They are machine made (and it looks like the machine was sick) and they're fairly mild, but very nice flavour. I brought 20 back from Cuba with me and loved 'em as an early morning smoke.
    I can easily get them here for about $6-7 CDN ($5-6 USD) a stick in boxes of 10.
    PM me if anything interests you.
    Jim
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Dickson,

My favorite machine made -or- partially machine made ISOM is the Quintero Brevas. Economical, yet flavorful Less expensive than those Quantanameras you are inquiring about...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quick/Dumb Question...

I searched the BB for ISOM and it was defined as "Island South of Miami"....so should I take this to mean any cigar, wrapper, filler produced or grown on an Island South of Miami....

Thanks

Yes. Generally speaking ISOM is any Havana Puro.

It doesn't include European Cigars that have ISOM tobacco in its blend. I believe the European version of Villager (sp) a dry-cured cigar contains a blend which includes ISOM tobacco. I know old villager 5 packs sold at one of my local shops said "contained cuban tobacco" which was blacked out with what appeared to be a sharpe.

Nor does it include the ISOM brand that I think JR sells.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reccommendation SLC. PM sent Newfie.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Thread Information