Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3 Trailer

Default Spiderman 3 Trailer

This was just released on the internet today:

Spiderman 3 Trailer

Looks like my theories about John Jameson were correct, and "Lowell" from Wings should be pretty cool too.
    End of line.

I saw that trailer about a month ago.

Either way, I cant wait to see it. I loved Spiderman 1 and 2 so far.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Default Possibly a spoiler?

*Spoiler alert*

Geek mode on.............

I wonder how they're going to incorperate the finding of the "alien symbiont suit"? If indeed, that's what it is in the movie.

Does anyone remember reading the comics when they were kids? Originally, the black suit came from the Secret Wars mini-series. He got the suit from a piece of alien machinery found by Mr. Fantastic that generated items by thought. His original suit was mostly shredded and he needed clothes. He was thinking about it by the machine and *plop*, it dropped out the black blob that becomes the suit. It's actually an alien organism that forms a symbiotic attachment to it's host. Since, in the comics, he uses technologic gadgets to make the his webs, the suit now provided the webs without the need for gadgets.

When all the heroes and super-villians were returned to earth, the suit starts to control him, taking control of his body while he is sleeping and messing with his mind. Through means I can't remember now, he rids himself of the suit. The alien flees and finds a new host. The new host becomes the villian "Venom".

Since I don't think they're going to do a Secret Wars recap, I wonder what the new story on the suit will be, and if it will also become "Venom"?

Geek mode off.........................................
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Agreed, they can't do a Secret Wars recap. That is the sole purpose of introducing John Jameson into this series. Here is my prediction:

The movie will begin with John Jameson going on a space mission, where he will encounter the symbiote, and bring it back. I suspect the landing may go bad, and Spidey will save the day, picking up the suit in the process. He will then keep the suit for most of the movie, during which he will slowly figure out what it is. Sandman will also be the main villian, because they will use the duration of the movie to develop Eddie Brock's hatred for Spider-Man. Then at the end, Peter will get rid of the suit in the church, where it will find Brock who is about to kill himself, thus leading into the next movie.

This is basically what they did in the cartoon show, but it looks to me that's what they are setting everything up for.

One thing I don't get though, is the fact that they putting Gwen Stacy in this movie. Sam Raimi has said this movie will detract from the comics the most, so Gwen could do anything. Maybe they brought her in so Harry Osburn or maybe even the symbiote can kill her.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    *Spoiler alert*

Geek mode on.............

I wonder how they're going to incorperate the finding of the "alien symbiont suit"? If indeed, that's what it is in the movie.

Does anyone remember reading the comics when they were kids? Originally, the black suit came from the Secret Wars mini-series. He got the suit from a piece of alien machinery found by Mr. Fantastic that generated items by thought. His original suit was mostly shredded and he needed clothes. He was thinking about it by the machine and *plop*, it dropped out the black blob that becomes the suit. It's actually an alien organism that forms a symbiotic attachment to it's host. Since, in the comics, he uses technologic gadgets to make the his webs, the suit now provided the webs without the need for gadgets.

When all the heroes and super-villians were returned to earth, the suit starts to control him, taking control of his body while he is sleeping and messing with his mind. Through means I can't remember now, he rids himself of the suit. The alien flees and finds a new host. The new host becomes the villian "Venom".

Since I don't think they're going to do a Secret Wars recap, I wonder what the new story on the suit will be, and if it will also become "Venom"?

Geek mode off.........................................
    Wow, a fellow comic book geek. I actually stopped buying back in 1998 or 1999 due to finances, but from 1978 up till that point I was a big comic book fan. I remember the Secret Wars (and the pathetic Secret Wars 2) thus I know of the original origin of Spideys black suit. I guess they will come up with some domestic supplier (read, mad scientist, maybe Connor/The Lizard, who will make the suit but unknowlingly imbue it with some fault that makes it go sentient in a bad evil way).
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

If you are a lapsed comic book fan, you should really start reading them again right now. Marvel is in the beginning of a huge event called "Civil War," and all kinds of crap is going down - Spiderman unmasked, for example.
    End of line.

I'm on to long fiction novels long since, and starting to move into reading historical stuff, so I thinks me comic book days are through. Kids these days don't get into comic books like they did back in my day, so I doubt I'll even read them with my kids. One is already through the age and never liked them. I quit reading them back in the early eighties, when i was around middle school age. I was an X-men and Spiderman fan in my pre-teen years. The Secret Wars were actually close to the end of my reading days, so they're still fairly vivid. I'm just surprised the black suit storyline has lasted as long as it has, and a bit tickled I can remember how it started. If they had a bound collection of the original Secret Wars comics, I might buy it for nostalgia.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

If they had a bound collection of the original Secret Wars comics, I might buy it for nostalgia.
    They do, you can also find the entire mini-series on ebay for not too much
    End of line.

I think this will end up being the best one yet. Not sure, like you said, how they are going to introduce the symbiote, but otherwise this is going to be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    If you are a lapsed comic book fan, you should really start reading them again right now. Marvel is in the beginning of a huge event called "Civil War," and all kinds of crap is going down - Spiderman unmasked, for example.

Damn, yet another Graphic Novel I will have to buy once my kid graduates from college and gets off the tit.

11. Default

The important question is...

Does the same girl play Mary Jane?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck

AND, will there be another wet shirt scene with her?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck

I do not see what the big deal is about Kirsten Dunst.

Sure, she has that cute little "girl next door" quality. But watch the scenes with her closely. That girl has some seriously jacked up teeth!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    I do not see what the big deal is about Kirsten Dunst.

Sure, she has that cute little "girl next door" quality. But watch the scenes with her closely. That girl has some seriously jacked up teeth!
    Fricken' perfectionist!

You don't have to take her. She can eat crackers in my bed anytime!

Fricken' perfectionist!

You don't have to take her. She can eat crackers in my bed anytime!
    Better get a dust vac for that bed of yours. Crackers and her jacked up teeth sound like a messy combination.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Better get a dust vac for that bed of yours. Crackers and her jacked up teeth sound like a messy combination.
    Picked one up today. I'm all set. Send her over!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    Picked one up today. I'm all set. Send her over!
    My head probably won't be anywhere near where she's eating the crackers anyway.

I should be so lucky to wake up to an All-American cutie pie like Kirsten Dunst every morning. I would not call her a hottie, but she's so damn cute she captures my heart in almost every performance. Now hotties, they capture a different part of my anatomy.....

Wow, who would have thunketh this board was so full of guys fond of mediorcre, ugly women?

Don't get me wrong. I would not mind waking up next to Kirsten. I might say something like this: "Good morning little sunshine dimples with innocent eyes that fell from the sky. Honey, please take your small chested, jacked up tooth self downstairs and make me an espresso and bagel. While you are at it, pick out the perfect sunrise cigar- cut it and light it. You can slobber on it too, honey- just do not drop it."

They say there is marriage and lay material:

Lay material: Angelina Jolie, Jamie Presly (however you spell her name with no relation to Elvis), Kim Basinger, Brook Burke, Rachael Ray (with that nice ass of hers), salma hayek (eyes that will kill), Nicole Kidman (experience speaks), etc., etc.

Marriage material: (?)

jk, just not some pimple butted bitch with buck teeth dreaming of some guy in a tight suit jumping from building to building constantly thinking "with power comes great responsibility".

--Drive-By Truckers

Wow, who would have thunketh this board was so full of guys fond of mediorcre, ugly women?

Don't get me wrong. I would not mind waking up next to Kirsten. I might say something like this: "Good morning little sunshine dimples with innocent eyes that fell from the sky. Honey, please take your small chested, jacked up tooth self downstairs and make me an espresso and bagel. While you are at it, pick out the perfect sunrise cigar- cut it and light it. You can slobber on it too, honey- just do not drop it."

They say there is marriage and lay material:

Lay material: Angelina Jolie, Jamie Presly (however you spell her name with no relation to Elvis), Kim Basinger, Brook Burke, Rachael Ray (with that nice ass of hers), salma hayek (eyes that will kill), Nicole Kidman (experience speaks), etc., etc.

Marriage material: (?)

jk, just not some pimple butted bitch with buck teeth dreaming of some guy in a tight suit jumping from building to building constantly thinking "with power comes great responsibility".
    You are only 35. When you get older you will realize that older guys (single of course) are much more successful than when they were when they were younger. It ain't that they're any better looking, they're just less selective.

...remember what Jimmy Soul said...

Thread Information