Thread: UFC61.....this saturday..

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default UFC61.....this saturday..

who's gonna watch it...other than me??....

ortiz beats shamrock and arlovski gets his belt back....

Should be a good one. Looking forward to shamrock Ortiz the most. Hoping for a different result / better fight than the last one. Either way it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    who's gonna watch it...other than me??....

ortiz beats shamrock and arlovski gets his belt back....

hell ya, I gotta see the ortiz/shamrock fight after all that waiting, and watching the latest Ultimate Fighter reality show.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Ortiz has gotta be the heavy favorite, but I'd like Shamrock to make him work his ass off for it - even pull an upset.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I'm ready to see Ortiz whoop up on Shamrock. Here's a good preview of one of the undercard fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlfCmJC8i5Y

Would love to watch it,doubt I'll be able to though, go Ortiz and Arlovski

The guys and I are going to sit infront of a big ass TV to watch Shamrock bring the pain.

bigpoppapuff Guest

jon...care to wager a fiver or more....ortiz beats the snot out of shamrock....

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    The guys and I are going to sit infront of a big ass TV to watch Shamrock lying unconscious and bleeding profusely.
    I think this is what he meant to say.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF
    I think this is what he meant to say.

methinks you are correct.....ortiz will beat the snot out of shamrock..

I hope it lives up to the hype and these guys are really as pissed at each other as they portray. I'd like to see it end with Shamrock in a rear naked choke and Ortiz not letting go till he's out cold or "BIG JOHN" rips them apart. I don't think anybody is going to tap out.

Then again, a good ol' ground and pound ass whoopin would be nice to see.

bigpoppapuff Guest

overall.....not nearly as good as UFC 60......ortiz destroyed shamrock in under than 2 minutes of round one....the arlovski-sylvia match was awful....5 full round of striking...not one move toward the ground....it was like watching grass grow.....the undercard was okay....still...it's great fun!!!..

I didn't get a chance to see it! Ortiz beat Shamrock in under 2 minutes? Damn. Well, you cannot always bet on the Irish(or all things associated with Ireland)
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 07-09-2006 at 08:57 PM.

jon...care to wager a fiver or more....ortiz beats the snot out of shamrock....
    Sorry BBP, I would have taken you up on this if I'd caught your post earlier, I haven't signed on since i posted the one about Shamrock.

overall.....not nearly as good as UFC 60......ortiz destroyed shamrock in under than 2 minutes of round one....the arlovski-sylvia match was awful....5 full round of striking...not one move toward the ground....it was like watching grass grow.....the undercard was okay....still...it's great fun!!!..
    you obviously didn't watch the same fight I did, because Shamrock was in no way "destroyed." That fight was complete crap and Shamrock got jobbed for Tito, just like Forrest Griffin did last month. That guy can suck it.
    End of line.

bigpoppapuff Guest

when his head was snapping back...it was time to end it...shamrock can fight tito 100 more times and tito will win all of them....shamrock is done...at least with tito...

bigpoppapuff Guest

Thanks for the video BPP

I still think the Forrest Griffin fight was BS. Out of the 3 judges, one of them gave Tito the full 30 points for all three rounds, giving him the match. No matter how you look at it, that is impossible. I hate Tito.
    End of line.

My father ended up buying it and asked me to come over. Wasn't that good, the first fight and the Neer vs. Burk?Burkman, was a good fight.

Thread Information