Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Politics

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    i just want a hug... c'mon guys... group hug...

not me....i'm afraid of the reacharounds.......

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    not me....i'm afraid of the reacharounds.......
    Geez, Sid. This isn't the first time you mentioned that. Does that happen a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolije
    I truly did not mean to stir up any trouble and realize now that I should have either left quietly or joined the debate.

You really don't have to do either. You could just read about cigars. Or ask cigar-related questions. You seem to be ok - a bit impulsive - but not a real troll. Read more, post less is good advice. You have to participate some too. However, I'd avoid calling for radical changes on the board within my first, say, 500 posts or so. By then your proposal will look as silly as it did to the rest of us. heh. Good luck, stick around, and stop trying to take over, goddammit.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Every BBS I have ever been to has always had an off topic section to talk about everything and anything. And wether its been a BBS for motorcycles, cigars, gaming, hockey, or whatever, there are always discussions about politics that get heated.

In the end, most of the time, people discussing (not arguing) the politics are friends from the board and they dont take it too far. After the discussion, it goes back to normal, just like if you were discussing something with your friends or family in person.

Theres no need to remove sections of a board that are being used in the right way and not abused. If something comes up where two or more members get into it and take it too far, then maybe the mods will handle it then and take proper action.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Just as an aside, I believe when Hex put his warning up someone had just suggested something violent might happen to the President. I think that is where he was drawing the line. I believe the part about limiting political talk to cigars was more of a suggestion than a directive. I'm sure if I'm wrong on this Hex will let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    You really don't have to do either. You could just read about cigars. Or ask cigar-related questions. You seem to be ok - a bit impulsive - but not a real troll. Read more, post less is good advice. You have to participate some too. However, I'd avoid calling for radical changes on the board within my first, say, 500 posts or so. By then your proposal will look as silly as it did to the rest of us. heh. Good luck, stick around, and stop trying to take over, goddammit.
    What he said...

And,... Empire has some great advice too. Most of my best friends are people that I did not agree with or folks that totally annoyed the hell out of me initially. They grew on me (like a fungus) or whatever the hell else. I, for one, would attend WOXOFs BBQ in a hearbeat. Maybe you and SmokinDVM will become buds some fine day. Who knows? I have seen stranger things emerge from this board like "a large trout bass".
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

7. Default

tolije dont let the door hit you in the cunt on the way out bitch. If peoples opinions dont line up with yours too fucking bad. I am a repub but as far as I can see Sid and SmokinDVM are Dems. Big motherfucking deal ,I hope to meet Sid if he ever comes down to the fucking beach like the rest of B'flo and maybe meet DVM one day. You would be suprised at the political,racial, economic and other diversity we have at our herfs. We mostly talk loud and proud here on this board,it aint for school boys or pansys . A lot of us are over 40 yrs old and pretty set in our ways too and pretty surly. Grow a sack or hit the door

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

is there anymore more badass on this board than k7
    End of line.

keep everything in the proper forum and we're fine. Leave the site the way it is.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    tolije dont let the door hit you in the cunt on the way out bitch. If peoples opinions dont line up with yours too fucking bad. I am a repub but as far as I can see Sid and SmokinDVM are Dems. Big motherfucking deal ,I hope to meet Sid if he ever comes down to the fucking beach like the rest of B'flo and maybe meet DVM one day. You would be suprised at the political,racial, economic and other diversity we have at our herfs. We mostly talk loud and proud here on this board,it aint for school boys or pansys . A lot of us are over 40 yrs old and pretty set in our ways too and pretty surly. Grow a sack or hit the door

K7

and once again some sugar-coating from kevin.......

Yep dats sumada shit right dere.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

K7 is the last guy I would fuck with...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Well, I was thinking politics, humor, and other categories was so cigar threads wouldn't get cluttered up with theology, troll spotting, newbie lynchings, and other such entertainment. I'm glad there's a watershed (correct term?), otherwise we'd have to wade through a lotta shit to get to relevant shit, like isom box codes, rh/temp ratios, and what a fucking dog cbid is.
    - Tom Robbins

Strange post Tolije-In looking at your prior posts, it seems you don't mind discussing software and computers when the subject comes up. But of course, that would be because you are an IT.

So the truth about this subject is that Tolije wants to confine all discussions to Tolije's interests.

Then you post today: "Being new here, I simply did not fully understand the bigger picture of the community and had obviously not caught on while observing the past couple of months. I see now that this board is a tight community that extends beyond the love of cigars. "

WTF have you been reading for the past 4 months?

I'm calling an attention whore and a stupid thread.

Done
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat
    Strange post Tolije-In looking at your prior posts, it seems you don't mind discussing software and computers when the subject comes up. But of course, that would be because you are an IT.

So the truth about this subject is that Tolije wants to confine all discussions to Tolije's interests.

Then you post today: "Being new here, I simply did not fully understand the bigger picture of the community and had obviously not caught on while observing the past couple of months. I see now that this board is a tight community that extends beyond the love of cigars. "

WTF have you been reading for the past 4 months?

I'm calling an attention whore and a stupid thread.

Done
    DR,

With all due respect, Shag already appointed me "Attention Whore"- with a nice picture to compliment the title, I might add.

Tolije can run his time, but I will not be stripped of this title.

--Drive-By Truckers

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    DR,

With all due respect, Shag already appointed me "Attention Whore"- with a nice picture to compliment the title, I might add.

Tolije can run his time, but I will not be stripped of this title.
    I have an idea...You continue to be the attention whore...Tolije can be the attention bitch. He seems to have K7's attention.

Not Done-

My sincerest apologies SLC, Sarge is correct, the title of "Attention Bitch" should be awarded to Toljie so as to not impugn your august title.

ROFL!!!
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

I just love the way k7 gets right to the point.

Look, I don't care how heated a political/religious discussion I have with someone, and I've had a few, at the end of the day I would herf with any of ya. I don't let it all get to me like that.
    I'm a little passionate about politics/religion. It's hereditary I believe. My Grandfather fought his way through the depression, played a major role in forming unions in this Country, and was personal friends with several Presidents. He was my teacher, and most probably the source of all my political leanings.

So, after that warm and fuzzy, fuck off if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM
    So, after that warm and fuzzy, fuck off if you don't like it.
    ...now that's the hug i was looking for...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    Just as an aside, I believe when Hex put his warning up someone had just suggested something violent might happen to the President. I think that is where he was drawing the line. I believe the part about limiting political talk to cigars was more of a suggestion than a directive. I'm sure if I'm wrong on this Hex will let me know.
    What he said.

Can I move this thread into Politics now?

Thread Information