Thread: Coolidor Size

Default Coolidor Size

I searched and didn't find anything answering me specific question. I'm looking into building a coolidor, but am having a difficult time figuring out how many boxes a coolidor can hold. I've only bought one box so far and because of that, I don’t really have a feel for how much space a box would take up. So can some of you old salts educate me on how the number of quarts relates to the number of cigar boxes?

Default % Humidity

My second question is what % humidity works best for storing cigars? I imagion that I would dip into my coolidor to smoke a cigar straight from the box, so I think 65%, but is there any benefits to using 70% for aging that would rule out 65% beads? Again, anyone who can help, please do.

3. Default

Get a 120 qt cooler bro and I keep mine at 65 % rh and smoke right out of the boxes it holds quite a few boxes
    The older I get ,the better I was

Check out Eshaw's take on coolidors, good info:

http://www.cigarbbguide.com/NEWBIE~1/Coolerdors.html
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I'm moving into a new place in a few weeks and will have a ton more space! I've been eyeing a couple of boxes of stogies which I've been enjoying lately. How many boxes have y'all been able to put in a 100 qt or 120 qt cooler?

I have a 48qt and it fits about 6ish boxes I think along with the beads and hygrometer.

I would suspect a 100+qt cooler would fit around 14? boxes.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

7. Default

approx 20 if you "tetris" them right
    The older I get ,the better I was

for box storage I use a 30 gallon rubermaid container $9 at Walmart ,florist foam $3 at Walmart cut to size and put into a tupperware container $3 at Walmart drilled holes in the top and soaked with 50/50 solution $8 and put in a digital hygrometer $19 online,works fine for me,i have 8 boxes in it with plenty of room for more.BTW I open the lid every day or so to exchange the air.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Thread Information