Thread: Remote Control Boat for trade.

Default Remote Control Boat for trade.

I'm apprehensive about posting this. I've seen some other non-cigar items in this area as of late, so I hope it's acceptable. The item isn't really cigar related, though I'm willing to trade for cigars or cigar related items. If anyone feels this post is out of place, please let me know and I'll remove it. At this point I'm mostly just gauging interest.

It's a nitro RC air-boat that runs off a plane engine in clean and good shape. Bright red with all the decals. It's a pretty complete setup. The boat, stand, radio equipment, fuel pump, 12 volt electric starter, 12 volt sealed lead acid mini battery for the starter, spare props and linkage bits, etc. If there is interest, I will take pictures and email them.

The good: This thing hauls ass!!!! The engine is meant for a sizable plane, so it has a lot of power! Being an air-boat, it's weed resistant. Being an air-boat, the engine will always run cool. It's of pretty tough construction. As long as it just hits water, it won't break anything.

The bad: You need a reasonably calm pond/lake and some kind of boat (a rowboat or inflatable will do) yourself. If it runs out of gas in the midlle of the lake or capsizes, you don't want to have to swim to get it! If the lake is infested with speedboats and jet ski's, you'll need to locate a calm area. It has enough power where it's easy to lose control, so be gentle with the throttle. It will probably need to have the carburator adjusted. If you change fuel type, it will usually need readjusting.

Why am I getting rid of it? Disuse. I no longer live by water. When I did, I didn't have a row-boat and had to swim out to get it a couple times. For a few years now, I just pull out the glow plug and put in a few drops of oil once a year. It's been stored exclusively indoors.

It's worth roughly $200 and the starter and battery roughly $30. I'll trade for anything interesting to me. Ham radio gear, guns, cigars, cigar stuff, booze, etc. If there's serious interest, I'll break it out, take pics, make sure it works, etc. If not, it seems comfortable enough in the basement.

Thanks!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I'd like to see some pictures of the thing
    End of line.

That boat sounds insane (in a good way). Good luck
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Sounds sweet but not for me.

I would unload a shitload of cigars for this badboy though. Sorry not trying to threadjack but this thing is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Sounds sweet but not for me.

I would unload a shitload of cigars for this badboy though. Sorry not trying to threadjack but this thing is insane.

They make a lot of neat park flyers with the newer foam materials and miniature motors/electronics. A combination boat/plane is a pretty damn good idea! The problem with the ultra lights is that you can't really fly them in the wind. On a still day, they're a blast though. A couple of folks where I live fly them. You don't need an airfield to have fun, and if it crashes, it generally isn't destroyed. No electric can match the speed of nitro though.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Yeah I bet wind would give you hell with one of those foam kits. You're right gas just sounds awesome.

Thread Information