Thread: RP Vintage seconds

Default RP Vintage seconds

Are these a good smoke? I know the firsts are great, but at $2 a stick, are these worth buying? Thanks in advance.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

2. Default

I had the Edge seconds... or X-outs or whatever the hell they are called and they were alright. Pretty much an average smoke compared to the real thing. Would imagine the seconds to be the same.

I got a good deal on some of the 1990 Euro edition on cbid, haven't smoked one yet though. They are supposed to be milder than the normal ones.

I have never had an original of these. I thought the '92' Seconds were great smokes, and plan on buying a bundle as soon as I return from this deployment. Up to this point I have had about 5, and only one had a wrapper problem, that minimaly affected the smoke.

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by Locard View Post
    I have never had an original of these. I thought the '92' Seconds were great smokes, and plan on buying a bundle as soon as I return from this deployment. Up to this point I have had about 5, and only one had a wrapper problem, that minimaly affected the smoke.

My .02
    I've had the 90 2nds and they taste and burn just like the regular ones. Sometimes the wrapper doesn't look perfect like the regualar ones, but it they were few and far between and they never really affected the burn or taste. I'd say get a fiver and see for yourself. I'm looking at getting a bundle soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVitaleMob View Post
    Are these a good smoke? I know the firsts are great, but at $2 a stick, are these worth buying? Thanks in advance.
    Did you make a purchase yet? If not let me know and I'd go in on a bundle with you.

6. Default

These are my favorite smokes. I have had a regular '92 or two and I think they taste pretty similar if not the same.

I think they are great and when I share with friends, this is what I whip out. They seem to enjoy them.

The RP 2nds are definitely a value purchase, imo. They taste identical to the 1st run. Aside from some cosmetic blemishes............I can only think of a few where the wrapper was cause for concern.........but they smoked just fine. Like Cabaiguan said, order a fiver and try it out for yourself.

Also, the La Aurora 2nds are great too.

Thread Information