Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to Buy some Opus X's

Default Looking to Buy some Opus X's

I would like to find a few Opus X cigars I dont want to pay much over the retail price for them I have found some on the net but they are crazy priced I dont mind paying shipping charges I can send Money order or through P P I hope someone can help me with this

I'm all out of Opus and so is the local B&M I go to. The only "online" retailer that I've seen close to MSRP is OVTC. http://www.ovtc.com/arturofuenteopus...us%20X%20Cigar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    I'm all out of Opus and so is the local B&M I go to. The only "online" retailer that I've seen close to MSRP is OVTC. http://www.ovtc.com/arturofuenteopus...us%20X%20Cigar
    Damn, those are better prices then my local B&M... by a dollar or 2 per stick! (they only ever have 2 or 3 sizes at a time when they get them in, too).

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Just an FYI - the listing they have online is not a "real-time" inventory - you have to call to see if they have them in stock. I call every so often and they have them about 1 in 5-6 times and limit you to 4 sticks per sizein stock. But they're really nice folks - easy to work with.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

If the guys at Old Virginia can help you at all, they will. My favourite shop in the US. If you happen to talk to the Dulles Town Center store, tell them the Canadian kids say hi!

Default Opus X's

Guys Im still looking if anyone knows of anymore I just bought the last 4 that OVT had they were the Opus X Perfection X they were 12.95 a stick which is a good price from what Ive been told please let me know i anyone knows of anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    Guys Im still looking if anyone knows of anymore I just bought the last 4 that OVT had they were the Opus X Perfection X they were 12.95 a stick which is a good price from what Ive been told please let me know i anyone knows of anymore
    the price Mark (assuming that's who you spoke to) is the best price you'll find. He's a stand up guy.

but wow... getting a little greedy there aren'tcha? i think we're trying to help you out... but you're starting to rub me the wrong way...

and the more I think about it, you're starting to sound like a desperate noob asking us to share our valuables - not just our sticks - but the sources of the sticks - especially the rarer ones. I don't think we mind necessarily, but you've got to realize and be happy with what you've already gotten - not asking for more when your initial post was for "a few Opus X cigars." By my reasoning - 2 is a couple, 3-4 is a few, and 5 is a pack or a bundle.

All done.
    Last edited by mauied1101; 08-09-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: thought i'd add more commentary

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    but wow... getting a little greedy there aren'tcha? i think we're trying to help you out... but you're starting to rub me the wrong way...

I agree mauied1101, try that shit on most boards and you will get roasted alive,some newbies
    come to boards to buy low and sell high on various ebay ect ect auctions. As usual I have Opus,Anejo, AF13's, 858 SG, 858 Rosado, Hemingway Sungrown ect ect ad nauseum but don't sell them to people unless I have traded with them and they have a little 'cred ,not windbag handjob traders comments but real 'cred. Enjoy the 4 you got .

Kevin
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I agree mauied1101, try that shit on most boards and you will get roasted alive,some newbies
    come to boards to buy low and sell high on various ebay ect ect auctions. As usual I have Opus,Anejo, AF13's, 858 SG, 858 Rosado, Hemingway Sungrown ect ect ad nauseum but don't sell them to people unless I have traded with them and they have a little 'cred ,not windbag handjob traders comments but real 'cred. Enjoy the 4 you got .

Kevin
    wow... only one swear word...

in accordance with hex's new upgrade, i approve your post

Default Opus X's

Guys you will never see me trying to sell these or any other cigars Im not into buying low and selling high at all I am trying to get some good cigars together thats all I mean no disrespect to anyone I am having my Parents 50th anniversary party and am trying to have some Fine cigars to share with some of the Family again not trying to sell or make a profit on these at all and I appreciate everyones advice

11. Default

You should try and get some 1964 Padrons for them then,if they are not used to smoking cigars the Opus will make them puke,seriously they are full bodied and flavored in my opinion. You want to have Fuentes at the shindig ? Get a box of 858 maruros and they will enjoy those I promise
    The older I get ,the better I was

Never smoked an Opus before and am no expert, but I have heard they need at least a years worth of sitting in the humidor before they're any good...
    Brian Wells

Default Opus X's

Ok I appreciate the Advice Kevin I was also thinking of some AF Hemingways I am not trying to hord anything at all I just wanted some fine cigars this is a once in a lifetime affair I am thinking of getting off this forum all together though it seems everytime I post I get a bunch of people using fowl language and that really dosent impress me a bit

To clarify a couple things -

I am thinking of getting off this forum all together though it seems everytime I post I get a bunch of people using fowl language and that really dosent impress me a bit
    The only word used was "shit" and it wasn't being directed at you personally, but used as a noun to reference an act. The other time was a joke. Grow some skin. We're not the polo club.

I just wanted some fine cigars this is a once in a lifetime affair
    Honestly, if you had clarified what the purpose was, we might have been/be more helpful. Our caution is in that there are folks that come in, ask, pillage, etc. and then leave. So if we seem reticent, it's to protect us. With reference to the occasion, unless they are cigar aficionados, they won't know what an Opus is - I'd stick with some of the more prominent names such as Fuente (Chateau or Hemingway), Montecristo, or the like. And yeah, Opus is a strong stick - I'd go with a Monte White - great label, smooth cigar, and full smoke.

Stick around, you'll enjoy it. But we're not often subtle - and we're easier going than other boards. You're welcome - just as long as you recognize this isn't Wal-Mart for advice/ cigars; it's built on trust, friendships, and watching each other's backs - including yours in time should you stay.

Cheers and congrats on your folks' anni.

Default Opus X

Thanks My friend and again I hope I can be helpful to some of you unfourtunately I live in a small rural county where the best cigars on the market are Garcia Vegas I have to do mail order so I am not familiar with alot of brands and style I really enjoyed the opus X that I got from HEX I will order a Box of the AF hemingways tommorow

THanks & GOD BLESS

Yo Kevin, fancy a trade?
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Yo Kevin, fancy a trade?
    what cigars are you looking to get?

Default which one

Which one of us are you talking to

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    what cigars are you looking to get?

Which one of us are you talking to
    usually the quoting a person references a response to that person. so in this case, stjohnroe would be my guess...

StJohn in particular but I'm open to help anyone. I heard that Fuentes are more expensive overseas? I'm not sure on that.

Thread Information