Thread: New registrations now being moderated

Blog Entries

Default New registrations now being moderated

In an effort to combat the recent rash of SPAM, I've enabled the moderation of new memberships. Some may have already slipped through, but I'm going to try to communicate with new members before they can post for the time being.

New guys: please be patient while your membership get’s reviewed.

Ah, crap.... I like the spammers... Gives us something to toy with...

BTW - how do these focknuts think they're going to do any business with this crap they post? You can't possibly tell me anyone would be foolish enough to take 'em up on their offers...

If you need any help moderating just let me know I would be glad to help out

...but but... how else are we going to be able to vent our frustrations?

does this mean we might see a reduction in one-post wonders also?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Thank You Hex!
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Ah, crap.... I like the spammers... Gives us something to toy with...

BTW - how do these focknuts think they're going to do any business with this crap they post? You can't possibly tell me anyone would be foolish enough to take 'em up on their offers...

Cause all they need is 1 person in 1000 to be stupid, naive and/or gullible enough, and they make money on these scams. And since they are sending out millions of spam e-mails and posts, they make their money.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Cause all they need is 1 person in 1000 to be stupid, naive and/or gullible enough, and they make money on these scams. And since they are sending out millions of spam e-mails and posts, they make their money.
    My question is rhetorical. Being in the business I'm in, I just wanna cry when another moron calls me to bitch he's been taken... And I ask the same rhretorical question of them...

Had a guy who is a computer programmer for the government. Very smart man, you'd think. Fell "victim" (if you want to call it that) to the Nigerian's who were offering him $3,500,000 (3Million USD) from one of their VERY poorly worded e-mails. Hook, line and sinker, I tell ya... Gets a check for $35,000 from the scammers, and figures it must be good - BECAUSE THE BANK TOOK IT!!! (After all, if it were counterfeit, why would the bank take it). Stung him good, they did....

So I'm talking to the guy about these types of scams - kinda trying to educate him... He tells me "You know, you hear stories on TV all the time about people finding millions of dollars. I figured there must be something to it...." Yeah... Right.... Being cold solicited via e-mail on a throw away account, badly mispelled, should give you SOME clue that the only thing you're going to be getting is a lot of grief and aggravation...

So I'm getting ready to hang up with this "genius" and he says, "Ya know - not everything on the intenet is a scam... Take the Russian Dating Services for example...." I stopped him right there and told him, "the Russian girls you're dealing with are as legit as the check you got from the Nigerians..."

Nope - you're right. There are those that are not the brightest bulbs in the pack... I just hate hearing from them when they are ripped off... And I'm sure I'm viewed with the utmost disdain by these victim's because I DARE tell them they've been scammed...
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-27-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    If you need any help moderating just let me know I would be glad to help out

Nah - you don't want to be a mod with me and CC (and a coupla others) around... Ask Hex!!!

Blog Entries

Nah - you don't want to be a mod with me and CC (and a coupla others) around... Ask Hex!!!

right....

My question is rhetorical. Being in the business I'm in, I just wanna cry when another moron calls me to bitch he's been taken... And I ask the same rhretorical question of them...

Had a guy who is a computer programmer for the government. Very smart man, you'd think. Fell "victim" (if you want to call it that) to the Nigerian's who were offering him $3,500,000 (3Million USD) from one of their VERY poorly worded e-mails. Hook, line and sinker, I tell ya... Gets a check for $35,000 from the scammers, and figures it must be good - BECAUSE THE BANK TOOK IT!!! (After all, if it were counterfeit, why would the bank take it). Stung him good, they did....

So I'm talking to the guy about these types of scams - kinda trying to educate him... He tells me "You know, you hear stories on TV all the time about people finding millions of dollars. I figured there must be something to it...." Yeah... Right.... Being cold solicited via e-mail on a throw away account, badly mispelled, should give you SOME clue that the only thing you're going to be getting is a lot of grief and aggravation...

So I'm getting ready to hang up with this "genius" and he says, "Ya know - not everything on the intenet is a scam... Take the Russian Dating Services for example...." I stopped him right there and told him, "the Russian girls you're dealing with are as legit as the check you got from the Nigerians..."

Nope - you're right. There are those that are not the brightest bulbs in the pack... I just hate hearing from them when they are ripped off... And I'm sure I'm viewed with the utmost disdain by these victim's because I DARE tell them they've been scammed...
    I've done quite a bit of work with victims of this type of thing, and certain ones can be frustrating. Worst of all are the "lifers". There are some people you just can't help. They remain convinced, and keep sneding money. Those make you angry, but the sweet little old ladies break your heart. I've had two...grandmothers who only have a computer to keep in touch with family. Who believe everything these bastards say... One fell for a charity scam, sponsoring an orphanage. The other was trying to help a generals widow get her kids out of the country to safety. These people prey on the ignorant, some are ignorant in a bad way and some jsut don;t know any better.

Oh and Hex...
    good idea!

If Larrynj got through I'm out'a here.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman455 View Post

Oh, nice... Now I feel creepy crawly things all over me...

How could you do that to me????
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-30-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman455 View Post
    For some reason, Hex never authorized his account, I wonder why?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

You guys are evil.

Do it again... do it again!!!
    --Gerald

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    You guys are evil.
    Do it again... do it again!!!

That username is already in use. If you are larrynj and you have forgotten your password, click here.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Damn that's funny. Where did you get that quote from?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information