Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five review challange.

Default Five review challange.

Simple contest. I challange all who participate to write five cigar reviews within the next month. As you write the reviews post a link to them in this thread. Of the people who get five reviews one person will be chosen based on quaility of reviews and will win five cigars and an ash tray (similar to the one I sent kayakinboy during the secret santa). Start your reviews...

Cool idea. Is it up to you or a vote?

Now all I have to do is find 5 cigars...

I figured I'd put it up and have a vote.

here are a few reviews

VSG Tres Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    WOW VSG in now a close no 2 on my all time favorite list after Padron Anniv. Nice looking box press. Very gentle wrapper. It has enough strength to it to say its in the low end of ful strength profile without being too overpowering. Flavor profile is amazing with long lasting finish. flavor balance is great with several spices mixed in with notes of cofee and subtle hints of nuts. Burn is perfect ash is perfcet white that stays strong up to 3-4 inches. A must try
    Opus X Petit Lancero

A beauty of a cigar with a perfect look, prefect burn, tight ash and lots of strength. Flavor profile is leathery with lots of cedat nortes and spice. If you are looking for a nice mellow high that is legal this is the one for you.

I am "iluvmysh" and my reviews are of the CI legends cigars. Some have pictures to go with the reviews.
    http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...ic=22511&st=20

:)

All reviews must be exclusive to cigarsmokers.com.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Is it safe to assume you want all 5 in the same post for ease of judging?
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Nah post them in differnt threads, just post a link from each thread here, or quote like cgardan did.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990

The wrapper is perfect - chocolate color, with weins almost non visible, felt smooth and silky to the touch. Also just glancing at this baby and feeling for firmness you could tell this one had great construction. Taking a little whiff of the tobacco from the foot yo knew you would get spice on your pallete.

Lighting was easy and effortless. Ash held for about 2 1/2 inches.

Burn was great all throughout with just one time a little offside probbaly from me puffing too fast, this was self corrected very nicely.

As excpected there was plenty of spice on this one. It also had hints of leather. Great thing is that there was not even one harsh note from it. The overall profile is a lot more mellow than the Sungrown so don't excpect the same buzz that you might get from some Nicaraguans or other stronger cigars. But at the same time you get flavor that has mellowed due to age to give enough taste without being overpowering. One dowside is that there is a little sourness or acidity on the finish.

I think this one would pair greatly with a smooth bourbon or a young brandy

Default Don Kiki Grean Lable

Don Kiki Grean Lable, Double Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I was at work yesterday and decided to have a smoke while walking the jobsite. I decided on taking a Don Kiki Double Corona which was gifted to me. It snipped very easily and the prelight drag seamed fine. Upon lighting it, the initial taste was not harsh which surprised me. Most cigars which I have smoked always give your first puff a harsh flavor and so it catches my eye when one doesn’t, esp. one that isn't a expensive cigar. Unfortunately the cigar became incredibly difficult to smoke, like it was plugged. With my new found knowledge of where to locate the plugged part, I squeezed the cigar from head to foot and could not discern where the problem was. Oh well, I decided to tough it out and get the most out of my cigar as I could. The ash that developed was very white. The cigar itself had a great look to it, and aside from the mysterious plug, the construction was real good. The cigar tasted a little bit like it had some corojo in it. Overall the taste was medium and sweet. I'd enjoy it despite its best attempts to make me give up on it.

Don Diego Anniversario

In short Very Dissapointing

A perfect example of a company slapping an anniversario tag on a cigar that is sub-par and charging a premium price for it

The best part about this cigar is the nice looking box and labels

Ok the wrapper looks attractive and the constructon is good but the flavor is non-existent. It has harsh taste all throughout, I got just maybe a hint of flavor on a few puffs, but even then the finish was short to the point of nanosecond or so.

When ever smoking a cigar you find that you can name more than 10 smokes in an a matter of 10 seconds that you would rather have for the price paid that is not a good thing to say the least

Well here you go my first seriously negative review

One week down, three to go.

Gurkha Regent Torpedo

Now this is a great cigar !!!!!

Wrapper reminds me of Padron, with small veins and grainy texture. Also I think this baby had 2 wrapper leafs, whch gave it even more taste.

Construction was good and ash was grey/white. Pull was perfect with lots of smoke that lingers in the air filling it wit great aroma.

Taste was very nice with spice, coffee and creamy notes. Finish was long and no harshness at all. Overall body would be medium/full depending on you taste with medium flavor complexity.

This one can be found for around $5-6 a stick and maybe less on specials and cigar bid, making it a great value for the experience

Default RP Edge Corojo Missile

RP Edge Corojo Missile:

This came in a 5 pack from Newfie(thanks buddy) along with some maduro missiles. After waiting a week to let these guys recover, I decided to have one after dinner on Saturday. The missile looked beautiful, the wrapper was not perfectly smooth, but had the right amount of texture. The taste right after firing it up was not a harsh one but that sweet corojo taste which grew in intensity as the cigar burned down. The burn was perfect as was the draw, and the missile produced TON's of smoke, which I find to be an enjoyable characteristic of any cigar. Not even an inch into it, I could feel the effects of this Edge. This is certainly a strong, full flavored cigar. When they say to smoke on a full stomach, they mean it. I was feeling a buzz sitting down, I wonder what it would have been like to try walking around. The Edge tasted like sweet corojo from start to finish. It had a bit of pepper to it, but tasted mostly like sweet strong corojo smoke. Cannot wait to try a maduro!

We have one completed mission. More to come I hope.

Default La Aroma De Cuba Monarch

La Aroma De Cuba review. I didn't really like it the way I expected I would, but I had only smoked the Cetro's before(smaller size).

I had this guy last night at a Steve Miller concert. Its 5 by 50 and had a beautiful dark oily look to it. The construction was perfect with no big veins and the prelight draw was not easy nor difficult. I felt like I was going to hit one out of the park, beautiful cigar and "The Joker" playing in the back ground. When I lit it, it started off a little tangy but with a good burn. After about an inch, the ash fell off and the cigar became consistently sweet, creamy and with a bit of cinnamon. I did have to correct the burn 3 times or so which I haven't experienced before with La Aroma De Cuba. Generally I like the Cetro's, but I couldn't get into the larger Monarch. I'm not sure why I didn't like it, maybe the burn issues, maybe the strength, it was more full bodied then I had thought it would be, maybe it was the tangy taste that I couldn't get off my tongue. I don't think I'd buy this one again, but instead stick with the Cetro's. I have one in a tube, the Marquis which I'm looking forward to trying. I hope I won't be displeased.
    BTW- The concert rocked! It pretty much was his greatest hits album, but live.

half way though, still plenty of time for alot more people to enter.

Default Camacho Select Robusto

I didn't quote this properly, but its in the reviews section nontheless:

I was gifted this one by the owner of my local B&M. After letting it sit for a little bit I finally caved and lit up my first Camacho. The experience I was about to partake could shape the future of Camacho and me for ever...
    The cigar had a nice look to it and a good looking sheen on the wrapper. At first the cigar was strong with a light chocolate taste. Not doing my homework on this one before I lit it up, I thought I was on a maduro ride. After 3/4" of a beautiful burn, the flavor took a right turn to Cameroon town, I was a bit surprised. I'm not much of a Cameroon fan, but this cigar defiantly presented Cameroon to me well. After the switch to Cameroon, the strength mellowed down a little to a more medium level. The entire time the draw was perfect and the volume of smoke was good. Overall it was a great experience, and was a real good first impression of Camacho. My B&M is having a Camacho event this Thursday and I will defiantly be there. I have plans on trying out their corojo lines.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I'm going to keep this open for a few more weeks to see if we can get any more entries. Come on people, it contributes to the site, and you could get some free smokes and an ashtray out of the deal.

Default 11/18

My 5th review, I can now smoke in peace!

11/18
    I picked this up at Bethesda Tobacco’s(my local B&M) Camacho event last night. I’m on a corojo kick right now and decided that I needed to see what a pure premium corojo cigar was all about. Lucky for me it was buy 3 get one free night and I took advantage of that. I love the simplicity of the label that both the 11/18 and the 07/05. I really like the look of the 07/05, but opted to smoke the 11/18 instead, lets me look at them in my humi a little longer! It had perfect construction. Evenly brown, not overly oily. The hippy in me would call it a very organic looking cigar. Upon lighting it up, it started off almost immediately with sweet corojo flavor, just what I wanted. The draw was great, and I had no burn problems. The flavor was as consistent as could be, sweet corojo flavor though out the entire smoke. I didn’t find the corojo to be as rich as what I get from a Punch Rare Corojo, but this cigar was also real corojo and not a hybrid. For you corojo fans out there, give this a shot. You’ll enjoy this, but for the price tag, $9 a stick, you may consider the $5 robusto instead.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information