Thread: Need your honest input

Default Need your honest input

Here is an idea for a cigar magazine: would this interest you and how much would you pay for a monthly issue ????

Would include:

Cigar reviews that are -- truly unbiased, reviews are done by readers with new panel every month. Each reviewer’s pic will be also included. UNBIASED !!!! If a cigar is reviewed that same brand is not allowed to advertise in that issue

Listing of HERFs and cigar events by state, and those who want to provide more info will get a small paragraph about the event Also a pictorial from previous HERFs with pics of real people and small description of the HERF that took place

Articles that are cigar related from freelance writers -- no writing staff to ensure that no one opinion or theme get pushed but rather what ever is of the most interesting content. Also giving unknown writers perhaps lit majors or just everyday people share their knowledge and writing styles.

Q & A questions that is a real section. Let's say someone asks about humidity they will get an answer that is comprehensive not a one liner. Sometimes pictorial applications to follow the answers. So real questions are raised and real answers are given

Each issue to focus on a certain city and do an article on that places cigar friendly establishments, pics of he place also; also Zagat ratings for each place: price, atmosphere, etc

Each issue to include a pictorial of a hot girl smoking a cigar. Not playboy nudity but Maxim type of sexuality.

Each issue will have some kind of a contest to take place with winner getting something nice like a box of good cigars, etc.

Once again would love to have your comments, suggestions, and please on a scale of say
    1 - 10 how interested would you be in this magazine and realistically how much are you willing to pay for this monthly publication (per month or yearly subscription)
    Last edited by CgarDan; 08-15-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Most magazines in the store are around $4 so I'd guess around $35 yearly subscription is a pretty good deal.

Yes, I would be interested and would pay up to 7 bucks per issue or 40-50 annually.

Are you thinking about starting this magazine, Dan? Or, is this a hypothetical question?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

4. Default

Would be interested in a mag that gave honest opinions on cigar related material...

Yeah, I could see $50 for a year. I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Would be interested in a mag that gave honest opinions on cigar related material...
    I think honest opinions are going to be difficult for a mag that had significant advertising dollars as revenue (like CA, unlike Consumer Reports).
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I'm more of an internet guy and don't get anything out of a mag that isn't posted online somewhere in some BB or another.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

My honest input is that I would more than likely only buy it at the airport when I am flying out somewhere.

However if it is a good read and based on what you are saying now(no biased reviews, real world info, city herf info) then you may change my mind.

It's a good idea I just don't see advertisers going for it.

I would subscribe, but I dont know about $50 a year. I guess the rest of the guys are rich here. I would pay in the price range of like Maxim of Stuff magazine, so like $30 or so a year.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

If it could be made available to subscribers as an online (download) option...
    Maybe a reduced rate for online only subscribers. Email them a login and password for each issue?
    --Gerald

i would do $30 a year. I like your idea. A on-line subscription would also be a great way to do this mag too. Plus it would cut down on O.H., I'd imagion at least.

Thanks for your input. Right now I am just testing the waters but if I will take it further will def have you updated on this. Again thanks for the input I really appreciate it

Thread Information