Thread: Cuban Cigar Questions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Cuban Cigar Questions...

#1- Nowadays, are Cuban cigars really that great? I have heard that cigars made in the DR and other places are just as good, if not better..

#2- What tobacco do they use when making counterfeit Cubans? Just wondering..

Thanks..

#1 some may say that DR and the like are just as good, but I am convinced that, no, they aren't. Cubans are better. They smell better, they taste better. Hands down. My least favorite Cuban is still one I prefer to my favorite non-Cuban.
    #2 I heard that some fakes are still made with Cuban tobacco so they are still Cubans, just not the authentic brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxie View Post

Thanks..
    Fakes are made of just about anything. From decent tobacco which will smoke nicely, to banana leaves and shredded newspaper.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Fakes are made of just about anything. From decent tobacco which will smoke nicely, to banana leaves and shredded newspaper.
    Personally, I'm a fan of the banana leaves - leaves a nice nutty, full texture that has me craving banana bread. Once in a while you'll get lucky and have one wrapped with passion fruit skin... but those are hard to come by...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

5. Default

I have never had a cuban, but my brother tells me DR's are better than cubans. He got his when he went to germany, and they were the real thing. One question though, what is an ISOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    I have never had a cuban, but my brother tells me DR's are better than cubans. He got his when he went to germany, and they were the real thing. One question though, what is an ISOM?
    ISOM = Island South of Miami
    "Enter cool cigar related quote here"

http://www.daveandcourtscorner.com/

Default fake cubans

cls515 is right. when i was in cuba last, i asked someone the difference between fake cuban cigars and real cuban cigars.

they told me that fake cuban cigars (generally) are just not authentic. They are not made in the factories with the factory labels. Most times they are the left over waste that local cubans sneak out of the factory (one of many ways to get the leaves) and they make it into cigars.

Sometimes, they go the extra step and get some of their friends to go and get the labels from workers in a factory and combine them.

The end result,... some pretty good fakes. Sometimes its just as good, sometimes the first puff tells you right away.

You really should trust your cigar dealer.

side point to remember (nothing to do with what kind of tobacco in cubans) ... if you work up a relationship with a cigar dealer, and every once in while he sells fakes (labels run when you smoke em) ... more than likely your supplier is selling good fakes and bad fakes and i would suggest finding a different supplier.

enjoy smoking...!
    \

Nothing can every compare to a perfectly rolled ISOM. No matter how hard I try to smoke really good DRs..........it just doesn't have the same consistency and flavor and smell as any ISOM I've ever had.

#1 Cubans are different than non-cubans, not better or worse. My tastes have gravitated towards Cuban cigars, but I still enjoy plenty of other cigars as well.

Are you asking what kind of methods, materials, and procedures counterfeiters use when they are illegally producing cigars?

To my knowledge, I have not sampled many counterfeits. My commen sense tells me, someone unscrupulous enough to "counterfeit" a product would use the most inexpensive means available to produce a counterfeit and make the greatest profit-i.e. the cheapest chit around.

"Farm Rolled Cigars" referrred to above are another story and not sold as counterfeits.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Well, chances are if you buy a cuban somewhere other then cuba and not from a reputable shop it is fake and probably not even cuban tobbacco. Don't bother. But if you are in Cuba and buy some cigars on the street, they are fake also, but chances are they are rolled with cuban tobbacco. My two cents...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information