Thread: Corojo Cigars

Default Corojo Cigars

A little bit ago, there was some posts about the Punch Rare Corojo not having any corojo in it. Gen. Cigars website didn't mention anything about the corojo either. However, when i smoke the PRC's i swear i can taste the corojo. Does anyone else run into that? Also, what are some good and great corojo cigars?

For reasons BPP can explain better than I, there is probably no authentic corojo wrapper in nearly anything touted to be corojo. Here is a pretty good article that talks about corojo, and suggests that Camacho is going to be a best bet for authenticity.

Incidentally, IMO, Flor de Oliva corojo bundles are a damn good cigar. Authentic corojo? Couldn't tell you.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    For reasons BPP can explain better than I, there is probably no authentic corojo wrapper in nearly anything touted to be corojo. Here is a pretty good article that talks about corojo, and suggests that Camacho is going to be a best bet for authenticity.

Incidentally, IMO, Flor de Oliva corojo bundles are a damn good cigar. Authentic corojo? Couldn't tell you.
    Thanks for the good info Basil. Now I got to find some of these Comancho corojo cigars.

If you really want to taste corojo, try the Camacho Diploma line. I love the 11/18. It's ALL corojo - wrapper, binder and filler. A very strong cigar with flavor!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I will second Flor De Oliva's corojo
    also mention Famous Nicaraguan private selection corojo is also a great corojo cigar with some stregnth and lots of flavor....more expensive then the FDO's but still low priced and can be found even cheaper at famous' auctions.
    Gran Habano #5 corojo is good very full flavored,almost artificial like.
    The CAO Vision I had last night was great
    Camacho diploma of course,even a corojo maduro
    Edge corojo
    Camacho El Legend ario corojo
    Alot of folks I see like cusano corojo but I dont care for it,you may though.
    Rocky Patel Cuban Blend at Famous has a great corojo
    Don Pepin Garcia's..corojo wrapper,spicey and peppery
    La Aurora 1903 edition perfidio corojo is great
    And of course,my favorite corojo wrapper.....Tatuaje

The camacho corojo,diploma,and el legend airo are the only true corojo I believe as mentioned.The rest are wrappers maybe filler.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

It looks like this Penguin guy is even more of a corojo ho than I am.

I'd be careful with some of the smokes he listed. Unless you are accustomed to smoking strong cigars there are a few there that might make you a bit green around the gills.
    Who the hell's been peeking at my member?

Quote Originally Posted by valuman View Post
    It looks like this Penguin guy is even more of a corojo ho than I am.

I'd be careful with some of the smokes he listed. Unless you are accustomed to smoking strong cigars there are a few there that might make you a bit green around the gills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Penguin View Post
    I will second Flor De Oliva's corojo
    also mention Famous Nicaraguan private selection corojo is also a great corojo cigar with some stregnth and lots of flavor....more expensive then the FDO's but still low priced and can be found even cheaper at famous' auctions.
    Gran Habano #5 corojo is good very full flavored,almost artificial like.
    The CAO Vision I had last night was great
    Camacho diploma of course,even a corojo maduro
    Edge corojo
    Camacho El Legend ario corojo
    Alot of folks I see like cusano corojo but I dont care for it,you may though.
    Rocky Patel Cuban Blend at Famous has a great corojo
    Don Pepin Garcia's..corojo wrapper,spicey and peppery
    La Aurora 1903 edition perfidio corojo is great
    And of course,my favorite corojo wrapper.....Tatuaje

The camacho corojo,diploma,and el legend airo are the only true corojo I believe as mentioned.The rest are wrappers maybe filler.
    Thanks, my B&M is having a Camancho event this thursday so I hope to grab some of the corojo sticks there.

Thread Information