Thread: Ashton Cabinet Series SGV(again)

Default Ashton Cabinet Series VSG(again)

For those of you who wanted to actually read the review

Ashton reps were here in town at my local shop today and I decided to have a look see. Never smoked an Aston before so I was a little excited. Here is my review:

Size: Lonsdale 6 1/2 x 42
    Price: $8.50
    Lighter: Double torch
    Cut: Double guillotine

Appearance:
    They have the same look as an Opus in the since that they look rough. Not a real rich color and not too light. I am usually a sucker for a Maduro wrapper but this kind of jumped out at me.

Wrapper:
    Very good construction. Very firm and just a touch glossy.

Burn:
    Burned very even and consistent.

Ash:
    Light grey and held together very nicely. Good solid ash with a clean break in the ashtray every time.

Flavor:
    At first it lit up like an JdNA. Very spicy but not harsh. Had a good kick that you had to be ready for. Full body and the taste was very complex. There was a lot going on with the taste at first but smoothed out as you went along. Once I was half way through a slight nut taste came about and lingered for the rest of the smoke. This was the highlight of the cigar. Toward the final third it mellowed out and became very creamy but still had the distinguished power of a good full bodied cigar.

Smoke/Draw:
    Not the best draw but still good. Easy to puff but not too easy. There was a surprisingly large amount of rich creamy smoke with every draw. I'm a sucker for a lot of volume so this was a definite plus.

Over all:
    Great stick but not for the light at heart. I had to sit down half way through and the feeling of a mellow day has set in now. It is a very complex smoke that had a lot of flavor, volume and a good draw. I would rate this at a 94.

Carlos
    Last edited by Oblik; 04-22-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

To the people who posted here about anything other than the review(which was all of them), the posts were deleted only because you have already taken over the first one...keep it at that. This is for the members who do not care to take part in our little problem.

IF there are any more of such posts in this thread they will be deleted. Please try to understand...

Hey my post was deleted. And I was actually commenting on what a great cigar this was..

VSG?

Vsg is a great cigar very well constructed and very good taste. I just wish they were better priced.

Now if I could only find a spellbound...because that is the only VSG i have not tried.. Well besides the infamous ER!!

Sorry Alex

If you are not responding to the review please take it into the other thread.

Blog Entries

Well first off, there is no such Ashton VSG called a "Lonsdale" nor any size of Ashton VSG that is 6 1/2 x 42. Are you sure you weren't smoking another fake?

Now, before you lose your mind and blow up at me THAT WAS JUST A JOKE, get it a JOKE

You were probably smoking an Illusion whose dimensions are 6 1/2 x 44 and your price of $8.50 is right on the money.

The wrappers of these cigars are NOT maduro, they are wrapped with a "sun grown" Ecuadorian wrapper that is not a maduro wrapper at all. They are very different from one another.

These are not anywhere near as strong as an Opus X.

Glad you liked it but I've never been a fan of Ashton VSGs

they have the same look as an Opus in the since that they look rough.
    Oh yeah, "sense" not "since", that error has nothing to do with typing fast and everything to do with not knowing proper word useage Even a spell checker or a thesaurus check wouldn't pick that up so you're going to have to drop back to good ole brain power which is a good habit to get into.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-23-2005 at 01:14 PM.

Thank you for the krateque(SP LOL) ...I'm just kidding Cat...

You are right, they are not Maduro, Maduro is usualy my choice BUT this one jumped out at me(I guess I needed a ",")
    Last edited by Oblik; 04-23-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information