Thread: Back from S.C. and now I need clubs........

Default Back from S.C. and now I need clubs........

LOL. I had a blast out there. Golfed everyday but one and now I am hooked all over again. Its been years (maybe 10) since I golfed last and dont know why I stopped. Nicks cigar shop was a nice stop everyday too. Its good to be home.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever View Post
    LOL. I had a blast out there. Golfed everyday but one and now I am hooked all over again. Its been years (maybe 10) since I golfed last and dont know why I stopped. Nicks cigar shop was a nice stop everyday too. Its good to be home.

If you can work a ruler, a saw and some glue go here

http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/

and build your clubs.

First go to a shop and test all the different stuff then order the parts and you can make a 1500 set for around 350.

For my latest set of irons, which is a few years on them, I chose to go with a ping head, taylor bubble shaft and extra thick tour grips. - you can't buy that set up in a store.

And it's pretty easy, over the course of a weekend, only a few hours each day, you can do a entire set of irons, a putter and drivers.

My latest two are hybred irons. They are 18% and 23% loft but have a wood like head on them. Gets the ball out of the rough real easy and is good on long par 3's and short par 4's

if you can afford them, PING is an awsome company. i have a set of i3 irons that i got on sale when i worked at Bass Pro. my driver and 3 wood i bought used. i accually just got out golfing for the first time in 3 years a week ago and got my dad hooked on the game too.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I used a set of Ping i3 irons also that I bought off of E Bay. Got a great deal on them years ago when they were new.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

That's a great site. I may have to build a couple this winter. I am watching a set of Cobra SS on ebay now. You guys have any opinions on those?
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Bass, I had a set of Cobra OS for 3 years, and last year I traded up to a set of Ping I3 Blades. I liked the Cobras but found the head a bit big as my game improved. These Pings I have now, I love. They punish me for off-center hits but overall, a great club.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Thread Information