Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cigars for Troops "Operation Stogie" pass

Default Cigars for Troops "Operation Stogie" pass

I am tinkng of starting a pass with the main purpose of collecting cigars that will be sent to our troops in the middle east.

It will have regular puts and takes like the other passes with a difference that every participant must also add at least 3 good smokes for the troops. All these smokes will be shipped at the end of the pass to our soldiers doing duty in the middle east. Idea is to start this up in early sept so that the shipment can be made to the soldiers around Christmas - New Years.

So far I think of having 20 particpants but might increase this if there are enough people who want in.

Cigar list will be put up soon. It will include smokes from $3 to about $15 so everyone will have noproblem participating. Also no ISOMs for this pass due to the gov letters you might have heard about. And I don't want to get anyone in trouble especially the troops if teh package gets inspected going there. I also have a few more fun details that will be released soon as well.

For now lets see who is interested. Also I would have to say sorry in advance to some of the new folks who might not make the list.

Please post here for your interest and PM me your addy and phone #so I can make up the list.

Thanks
    Last edited by CgarDan; 08-20-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Count me in.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

If you can gve me two weeks to make a definite answer...

I start my new job tomorrow and if it works out I'll be doubling the best salary I've had so far in my life!

I could definately throw some smokes down for the troops then, cause I'll actually be able to buy some. w00t!

Like I mentioned the initial cigar list includes cigars that are all over the board value wise as I want to have more people feel free to participate.

Goal is to have fun and get a nice package together for our BOTLs serving the country

Here is the list

1. AVO Classic No 2 Nat
    2. Don Lino Africa Punda Milia
    3. Ashton VSG Illusion
    4. Gurkha Regent Torpedo
    5. Joya de Nicaragua Antano Grand Consul
    6. R.P. Vintage 92 Torpedo
    7. K.Hansotia Triple Ligero X3
    8. Gurkha Expedition Robusto
    9. Don Thomas Camerron Collection Robusto
    10. AF Short Story Nat
    11. AF Work of Art Natural
    12. AF 8-5-8 Maduro
    13. Opus X No 4
    14. DC Maximus No 5
    15. Montecristo White Toro
    16. Padron 6000
    17. Punch Rare Corojo Magnum
    18. Punch Gran Puro Sierra
    19. Padron Anniv 64 Maduro Exclusivo
    20. Camacho Corojo Churchill
    21. CAO Brazilia GOL
    22 Fonseca Serie F
    23. Fonseca Vintage
    24. Padilla Hybrid
    25. Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra
    26. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066
    27. Cuban Crafters
    28. Cusano 18 Paired Maduro
    29. Cusano Corojo 1997
    30. Cusano C10

I'm game, put me down.

Blog Entries

Can I just paypal someone the cash to put my three cigars in?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I already have a buddy over there which I'm contributing to his downward slide, so count me out. However I totally aplaud this and want to thank everyone who sends any care package to the troops. Its the mail and packages which keeps them connected to us, and you'd be amazed at how a thing of Gatorade powder drink mix can affect a guy. Good luck with this Dan and Crew.

I'll play.

I would love to get more people involved as this is a great cause these guys are putting their lives on the line so lets do something to show our appreciation.

Please let me know if you want anything changed or have some suggestions that will make you more interested in being a part of this !!!

Dan, I love this idea and am interested in participating...when are you looking to start? I just got back, and need a little time before I can start sending.

Great idea Dan - I'm in. I'm not so big on our current involvement over there, but I completely support our people in the military - I know that if I was in their shoes, I'd appreciate the hell out of a attaboy and a cigar from home.
    Last edited by basil; 08-22-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by Locard View Post
    Dan, I love this idea and am interested in participating...when are you looking to start? I just got back, and need a little time before I can start sending.
    Thinking of getting this going in 2 weeks at the beg of Sept so there is plenty of time Locard don't worry we can have you be somewhere in the middle of the pass so it will take a while before it reaches you.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Great idea Dan - I'm in. I'm not so big on our current involvement over there, but I completely support our people in the military - I know that if I was in their shoes, I'd appreciate the hell out of a attaboy and a cigar from home.
    Ted I am with you a 100% on this totally the same feeling on our involvement but the guys who are there had little choice about it and risking their lives on the orders of others so this is the least we can do to make them feel better and remind them that people back home care about them
    Last edited by CgarDan; 08-22-2006 at 08:51 AM.

I'm in.

One suggestion/concern: The donated sticks/stuff will possibly grow into a rather large stash. It may be cost prohibitive to ship that around the Country. You know the guys here, that package could get huge.
    I would suggest that you have the contributions shipped to one location for repacking and shipping overseas.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    I'm in.

One suggestion/concern: The donated sticks/stuff will possibly grow into a rather large stash. It may be cost prohibitive to ship that around the Country. You know the guys here, that package could get huge.
    I would suggest that you have the contributions shipped to one location for repacking and shipping overseas.

Just a thought.
    Good thinking Barry,

I think at first it probably makes sense to ship everything together as those extra sticks will doubtly weigh more than the cost of shipping them seperatelly by everyone. So probably half way through once they accumulate its a good idea to ship those to me as a seperate package and I will pay for shipping on that.

I'm in.

BTW - who are you sending the sticks to?

I'm probably gonna do this anyway, but how about each guy dropping sticks also right a little note? They might appreciate that as much as the sticks. Doesn't have to be anything more than a couple sentences.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    I'm in.

BTW - who are you sending the sticks to?

I'm probably gonna do this anyway, but how about each guy dropping sticks also right a little note? They might appreciate that as much as the sticks. Doesn't have to be anything more than a couple sentences.
    Great idea about the note. I was thinking about but did not want to make it a rule, as I think I want each person to decide that for themselves: note, photo, etc what ever they want to add if they choose

As for where the sticks are going I know someone from CP who is a stand up guy and has a whole bunch of friends also serving who like cigars, so I know they will be shared sencerely. But if you have someone in mind PM me and lets talk about it.

Here is how the list looks so far. No particular order.

1. slcraiders
    2. thepirofish ? ( need confirmation here)
    3. WOHOf
    4. BigJack
    5. Locard
    6. Basil
    7. SmokinDVM
    8. Mauied1101
    9. Cinda ( virtual )
    10. thenakedgun

I want to get at lest 15 people here so lets show some more support for this cause
    Last edited by CgarDan; 08-22-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

humm :(

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Default Im in

Im in put me on the list you have all my info I think but will email it to you

Thread Information