Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swing and slide...

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default swing and slide...

should we get an official swing and slide for some of our new members??.....just asking...

high school kids???.......WTF!!!!

You guys do have a point, but in my mind if more high school kids are getting into cigars rather than pot I say props up

bigpoppapuff Guest

the biggest problem i have is this....what if......they're not 18 yet...and someone sends them cigars??......eville seems to be an ok kid.....i'm certain that he hasn't bought a razor....his posts are actually pretty good.....but that big "what if" really bothers me....and i'm sure he's a better poster than some of the asshats that frequent our little sandbox....the "18" thing really bothers me.....and by the way....most high school seniors are 17......

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    Maybe a paintball obstacle course?

LMFAO!!!!...you've got possibilities for success!!!...

Blog Entries

There are a lot worse things than pot and a lot better things than cigars for a young man to become interested in.
    The decision to start smoking - knowing the dangers - is just stupid, imo. I started smoking cigarettes in high school and have battled them ever since. I just hate to see young people make that decision...
    --Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    the biggest problem i have is this....what if......they're not 18 yet...and someone sends them cigars??......eville seems to be an ok kid.....i'm certain that he hasn't bought a razor....his posts are actually pretty good.....but that big "what if" really bothers me....and i'm sure he's a better poster than some of the asshats that frequent our little sandbox....the "18" thing really bothers me.....and by the way....most high school seniors are 17......
    If there was some stupid laws I think 18 to smoke tobacco is one of them. You know 90% of kids will still go out and get their smokes. Tobacco taxes at the rates the way they are is even crazier. $7 for a pack of cigarettes or $10 for pot ... Somehow I think pot use will climb higher in the coming years.

Thanks god at least the pharmacies brought the condoms from the prescription counters into the regular isles.

Many of those who have kids hope that they will wait on many things but the truth is high school kids do smoke, drink and have sex

Here in NJ, you gotta be 19.

While most highschool seniors are 17, i was 18 my senior year. I think the tabacco age in Jersey was still 18 then. You bring up a good point about the sending of cigars but aside from scanning one's DL, how would you know, comfortably, that this kid is 'legal'?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

As others have said, I have some concern about sending to those under 18, but if the liability is mine alone, I can live with it. If the liability comes to this board, this needs to be discussed. I read a great deal here, but only post if I think that I have a point. Paul

I thought the forum had a 18+ policy? If not then maybe we should have one when you register so it takes the liability from the forum/board just like any website that requires you to be 18+ does.

As for sending someone under 18 tabacco, then its on the person that sends it. If someone is here and honestly asking for cigars, I think they know what they are getting into. A kid who just wants to smoke to be cool is going to go buy some $3 cigarettes instead of $5 a smoke cigar just to look cool.

I would say that if your going to make a trade with someone questionable, then make THEM prove to YOU that they are 18 (or whatever is legal smoking age in that state).

For all of you know, I could be 15 and posing as someone whos older just to get some cigars and Ive made trades already with a few people here.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    You guys do have a point, but in my mind if more high school kids are getting into cigars rather than pot I say props up
    OMG'zors no not the devil's weed.

A little toking is the least of a parents worries. If it's very high on the list at all, you know nothing of the party culture in North America. My dad is happy that I smoke a little pot now and then, rather than spend my car insurance money on a coke binge like a friend of mine did at SIXTEEN! I'd rather catch my (future) kids with a joint than beer. It's far less unhealthy for them, and you can reason with a stoner...I can't stand talking to a drunk.

/mindless biased ranting.

As much as it sucks, making the site 18 and up would make sure hex has no liabilities...And minors can lie, just as long as they don't say they are younger nobody's worried.

When it comes to parties I understand what you are saying as long as it does not get abused. God knows I did my fare share. What I am talking about is smoking weed before class or during reccess in NYC high schools you see that very often and in this case I am assuming you are mellow and not disrupting class but what you learn in the process is probably a big fat 0

I also have younger couzins and nephews as well as some friends who are teachers in high school so I am not making this up when I say this problem is very bad here

13. Default

I'm with Sid on this. The liability is on you if you send an underage kid tobacco.

Guess it boils down to be carefull in your dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish View Post
    I'd rather catch my (future) kids with a joint than beer. It's far less unhealthy for them, and you can reason with a stoner...I can't stand talking to a drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish View Post
    As much as it sucks, making the site 18 and up would make sure hex has no liabilities...And minors can lie, just as long as they don't say they are younger nobody's worried.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    When it comes to parties I understand what you are saying as long as it does not get abused. God knows I did my fare share. What I am talking about is smoking weed before class or during reccess in NYC high schools you see that very often and in this case I am assuming you are mellow and not disrupting class but what you learn in the process is probably a big fat 0

I also have younger couzins and nephews as well as some friends who are teachers in high school so I am not making this up when I say this problem is very bad here
    I hear ya, I was already out of highschool before I had ever even seen it... I believe in the right of a responsible person to make choices for their own body. Not for some kid to just get fucked up.

Ok, I'm really going to leave this alone now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    I thought the forum had a 18+ policy? If not then maybe we should have one when you register so it takes the liability from the forum/board just like any website that requires you to be 18+ does.
    As for sending someone under 18 tobacco, then its on the person that sends it.
    I would say that if your going to make a trade with someone questionable, then make THEM prove to YOU that they are 18 (or whatever is legal smoking age in that state).
    I think Empire pretty much makes the most sense. By in large if you are going to be involved in a pass then you have to send a copy of your drivers license with the address where the cigars are going to be sent. That could be the beginning of the address book too. Honestly the picture is not important What is important is that the passer knows that the people on the list had to have a license with an address showing legal age to smoke in that state. If a person does not drive then they find someone that does have a license that can go into the address book for shipping. There will be cases where someone doesn't have a valid license and may have no one to ship too but knows people here personally. I am sure cases like that can be work out case by case. Just my thoughts.....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I think Empire pretty much makes the most sense. By in large if you are going to be involved in a pass then you have to send a copy of your drivers license with the address where the cigars are going to be sent. That could be the beginning of the address book too. Honestly the picture is not important What is important is that the passer knows that the people on the list had to have a license with an address showing legal age to smoke in that state. If a person does not drive then they find someone that does have a license that can go into the address book for shipping. There will be cases where someone doesn't have a valid license and may have no one to ship too but knows people here personally. I am sure cases like that can be work out case by case. Just my thoughts.....
    sounds like a good idea to me, but if you send a photocopy of your DL, make sure you cut out information that could be used to steal your identity(SS#, DL#, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    sounds like a good idea to me, but if you send a photocopy of your DL, make sure you cut out information that could be used to steal your identity(SS#, DL#, etc.)
    Yeah, no one here is going to do a credit check on you so they dont need all that. Id say make a photo copy of your DL and black out everything but your name, age, address and pic.

Problem solved.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

bigpoppapuff Guest

no different than fake proof....if i think that someone is not of age...i'm not sending cigars...nor should anyone...but less problem if the age to sign up to the bb is 21.....

these fucking kids are in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!....i have t-shirts that are older...

Dont send any to them then. No one is trying to make you. All you had to say is that your not going to and im sure everyone will understand.

How is the age of 21 for the forum going to make a difference? they can still get fake ID's to make them seem 21 so whats the difference?
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Thread Information