Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: swing and slide...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    the legal age is 18 in most states...i really don't want to have interaction with someone who is 18 or possibly younger...instead of talking about cigars,the kids should be seeing if they might be able to go out with the hottest cheerleader....

empire...have you sent cigars to anyone??....i have...and do on a fairly regular basis.....to infer that i can or cannot send cigars is pretty fucking stupid on your part....you proved to me with your post that you're an asshole.,..and cinda...no need to play house mother...it was uncalled for..

it IS illegal to send cigars to someone under 18....i'd hate to be held responsible if a kids' parent(s) decided to take action against me...which could happen....better to make 21 the age for joining here....it gives us a little leeway....

I was wondering if the postal service would take any action for using them in the comission of a crime....Sending tobacco products to minors.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I was wondering if the postal service would take any action for using them in the comission of a crime....Sending tobacco products to minors.
    Good question. Hell- that would be a better use of law enforcement or government than in some cases I have seen.

Get this: a kid was hauled out of my son's Jr. High school today by the West Jordan police dept. because he "stole" and drank a teacher's milkshake. I know it is not right but give me a break. There are far more serious crimes to attend to such as selling harmful substances to minors.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Although it is illegal to send tobacco to minors and I agree that we should somehow make sure it doesn't happen on this board, I think they care to try and enforce it about as strictly as they enforce ISOM shipments to the states....
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    the legal age is 18 in most states...i really don't want to have interaction with someone who is 18 or possibly younger...instead of talking about cigars,the kids should be seeing if they might be able to go out with the hottest cheerleader....

empire...have you sent cigars to anyone??....i have...and do on a fairly regular basis.....to infer that i can or cannot send cigars is pretty fucking stupid on your part....you proved to me with your post that you're an asshole.,..and cinda...no need to play house mother...it was uncalled for..

it IS illegal to send cigars to someone under 18....i'd hate to be held responsible if a kids' parent(s) decided to take action against me...which could happen....better to make 21 the age for joining here....it gives us a little leeway....
    You talked to me at 18...my school didn't have cheerleaders and I enjoy talking about cigars.

As far as legal troubles, the last thing I would need is crap for sending someone cigars. I would prefer an age limit where I could remain here, as I haven't been a minor where I live for nearly two years. But whatever has to be done will be done.

What you could do is when people first join here you have them post saying hello to every one but along with that they have to add a picture of them self. This way you would know if they are giving you the right DL if you trade with them later on. I’m 18 and I have to say that I had no idea that people traded and gave away cigars on forums. I joined because I want to learn all I can about cigars, which I would bet is why most people join. I don’t think that some that is underage is joining forums to try and get cigars, it just not worth it when they are so easy to get by other means. But on the off chance that you do get some one that is under 18 the responsibility falls to who ever is trading with them. There is no way this forum could be help responsible. It would e like if a 15 year old went and bought alcohol, the place that sold the alcohol is the one that would get the fine not the company that makes the alcohol. I hope that you don’t put an age limit on the forum. There is no law that says that you can’t talk about cigar. I love the fact that there is a place for some one like me to come and read and try to learn everything that I can about something that I really love. Since I have joined I know that it has made my love of cigars increase ten fold, from knowing what to buy or just enjoying the taste of a cigar more because I know what makes that cigar taste like that. If you feel that you need to increase the age limit to 21 to join I hope that you will do two things. One let people like me who have already joined stay even though we are not 21. Two realize that you will have the same problem with people saying that they are 21 when they are not

Thread hijack

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish View Post
    OMG'zors no not the devil's weed.

A little toking is the least of a parents worries. If it's very high on the list at all, you know nothing of the party culture in North America. My dad is happy that I smoke a little pot now and then, rather than spend my car insurance money on a coke binge like a friend of mine did at SIXTEEN! I'd rather catch my (future) kids with a joint than beer. It's far less unhealthy for them, and you can reason with a stoner...I can't stand talking to a drunk.

/mindless biased ranting.

As much as it sucks, making the site 18 and up would make sure hex has no liabilities...And minors can lie, just as long as they don't say they are younger nobody's worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish View Post
    I hear ya, I was already out of highschool before I had ever even seen it... I believe in the right of a responsible person to make choices for their own body. Not for some kid to just get fucked up.

Ok, I'm really going to leave this alone now.

Ok, with all due respect pyro, this kind of thinking is just plain wrongheaded on many levels. Don't think I'm all reefer madness, because frankly, I would definitely vote for decriminalization. But, the legal status of weed or any other drug, including alcohol, has got shit to do with the problems it causes people inclined to have issues with substance use. And yeah, I understand the "party culture", parental concerns, the very apparent yet pointless differences between weed and alc. laws (political red herring if there ever was one, though).
    No, smoking weed isn't better than binging on coke, cooking meth, drinking and driving, or selling heroin within 1000 feet of a school building. Sorry man, but that Emperor just ain't wearin' any clothes.

hijack over.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

95% of the cigars I get from box passes and trades with you guys I sell to minors behind the local elementary school.

BWAAAAAAAA

Do worry, I give the kids your real names and addresses in case they want seconds.

BWAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Thread hijack

Ok, with all due respect pyro, this kind of thinking is just plain wrongheaded on many levels. Don't think I'm all reefer madness, because frankly, I would definitely vote for decriminalization. But, the legal status of weed or any other drug, including alcohol, has got shit to do with the problems it causes people inclined to have issues with substance use. And yeah, I understand the "party culture", parental concerns, the very apparent yet pointless differences between weed and alc. laws (political red herring if there ever was one, though).
    No, smoking weed isn't better than binging on coke, cooking meth, drinking and driving, or selling heroin within 1000 feet of a school building. Sorry man, but that Emperor just ain't wearin' any clothes.

hijack over.
    I definately see where you are coming from...I completely understand as far as being near a school and anyone who has substance abuse problems. I have seen a friend put thousands he couldn't afford up his nose and crash hard when it all caee down, and I have seen people be completely consumed by their potsmoking habits as well. I completely realise that it is a drug, isn't safe for everyone and needs to be used intelligently and responsibly. Like alcohol and tobacco should be.

I think my main issue is forgetting that there are a lot of people who don't use the others responsibly and that the same problem carries over. I do disagree on the severity compared with cooking meth or drinking and driving (I wouldn't dare argue about anything like that near a school)

Damn my youthful idealisticness. No seriously...

Anyways, I respect what you're thinking and I'mnot a total hippie. I promise.

Sorry for all the hijacking guys, my bad. I'll keep it to PM's or something if this ends up continuing.

Ive read the whole thread so far and i dont think this was adressed yet...

Online cigar retailers claim you have to be 21 to purchase their cigars. However i was 18 once and i ordered cigars online. For all they know i could have been 15. All i did was give them my debit card number and i got my cigars. I bet they have some sort of legality set up in the purchasing process (a box you have to click saying you are 21, or a disclaimer to read) that takes any blame off of them, should any legal problem arise.

I think the bottom line is there is no guarantee that you wont be selling to a minor unless you hand deliver the cigars. Anything over the internet can be fabricated or altered. Pics, DL's and any other document. If a 17 year old wanted to bad enough, they could go probably get around any rules that are established. I highly doubt most 17 year olds get fake id's to purchase expensive cigars online though....

Thread Information