Thread: 5 vegas

1. Default 5 vegas

I tried this brand because of the reviews and raves that I had heard about this cigar. I happened to get one, via a sampler, and aged it for a month. What can I say...... Could not keep it lit, not very exciting flavor, and the draw would not and could not be improved. The draw was so bad, that I finally stubbed it out to see what was wrong! After disecting the cigar...I found what seemed to be a mass of crammed together tobbacos 2 inches from the head. I honestly believe that my daughter could rolle a better cigar. Sorry...but I won't buy this crap again.

Sorry for the negative post......But it was such a crappy cigar, that I could not help myself

bigpoppapuff Guest

tell us how you really felt about the cigar.....

you know shit happens can't really base your opinion on one cigar that could have been pluged. By the way you might have had the gold or regular version and if you are into the stronger smokes try out the Vegas 5 "A" that might change your mind. I think that is the cigar most are raving about

Ive had some bad rolled cigars in my short time of smoking cigars, but it happens. If you bought a box, and half of the box was like that then I would be pissed off. To make your first post about a specific brand and not even include what type of smoke and how your humidor is set up just makes me think that your new to cigars and maybe kept it to "wet" and thats what might have caused your smoke to be bad.

Try another one and if you dont like it then dont smoke em. Try the 5 Vegas Series 'A' and see what you think.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

I just got the regular version ( I guess . . . it has the red label) of their Panatela (6x38) because I won a ery cheap auction on the Devil site c-bid - $5 for 5 pack.

I am now curious how these are. Any other reviews on these?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Another vote here for the Series "A" and check into the Limitada's too.

I snagged a fiver of both for less than $2.60/cigar.

Try the 'A'.
    I just love these smokes.

FYI,
    I bought a fiver of Bolivars way back when, and every one of the bastids was plugged beyond smokable. I later picked up a few others from trades and such, and was pleased with them all. So, the moral of the story... you can't base your opinion on just a couple sticks.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    Ive had some bad rolled cigars in my short time of smoking cigars, but it happens. If you bought a box, and half of the box was like that then I would be pissed off. To make your first post about a specific brand and not even include what type of smoke and how your humidor is set up just makes me think that your new to cigars and maybe kept it to "wet" and thats what might have caused your smoke to be bad.

Try another one and if you dont like it then dont smoke em. Try the 5 Vegas Series 'A' and see what you think.
    Sorry for being so negative.....The cigar was indeed the "Gold" version. It was the only one out of the sampler that was a plugged up mess. Humidor setup is 67-70 Degrees and 65-just under 70 for the humidity. ALL of the others smoked just fine, so that leads me to believe that the wetness is not an issue.

I recant my rant condeming this cigar 'brand' to the depths of hell. But, the 1 cigar I had, could not have been made to draw...even if you used a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

Thats what I get for posting after a few too many libations

The 5 Vegas "Gold" that I tried in my first sampler 6 weeks ago was crap. It wasn't plugged but all in all just a bad tasting smoke. But I didn't want to give up on the brand so I tried the "Limitada" and then the "A" and I'm in love with both.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke View Post
    Sorry for being so negative.....The cigar was indeed the "Gold" version. It was the only one out of the sampler that was a plugged up mess. Humidor setup is 67-70 Degrees and 65-just under 70 for the humidity. ALL of the others smoked just fine, so that leads me to believe that the wetness is not an issue.

I recant my rant condeming this cigar 'brand' to the depths of hell. But, the 1 cigar I had, could not have been made to draw...even if you used a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

Thats what I get for posting after a few too many libations

Not to hijack but are 5 vegas cigars really cigar Int. House brand now???
    "Enter cool cigar related quote here"

http://www.daveandcourtscorner.com/

I like the 5 Vegas black band maduro's and the red banded classics. The white band limiteds are also good. I do not like the gold label currently. Just too mild for me.

Plugged, loose, wet, dry, bad burns, or just plain bad tasting smokes go along with hand rolled cigar territory. I've had them from both cheaper, and higher end cigars. Higher end cigars have better consistency, but it's no guarantee. You got a bad smoke? Put it out and light up another instead of suffering with the bad one. Many places will gladly offer you a replacement or refund for bad sticks.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I've been smoking lots of 5 vegas A and have never had a bad one. I keep the humi at 63% more or less and always let them rest a couple of weeks.

I would say just dont give up on a brand after trying one cigar. The first 5 Vegas Series 'A' I tried, I thought it was horrible. That was probably because I smoked it too soon after I got it in the mail. I tried another one after that and now they are one of my fav smokes.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

yeah cigar int'l pimps for 5 vegas. I'm not complaining since the limitada's and red labels are pretty good.

Thread Information