Thread: 5 Vegas Limitada '06 Belicoso

Thumbs up 5 Vegas Limitada '06 Belicoso

My first two experiences smoking this stick were at both ends of the spectrum. The first smoke we great until the last 1/2 to 1/3 where it really ramped up into a peppery explosion.

The second smoke a couple weeks had mellowed a tad and over all was a great smoke.

So here we are with my third time smoking this cigar and my first attempt at a review.

Ingredients
    Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper with Brazilian, Nicaraguan and DR long filler.

Smoke
    Nice thick, billowing plumes of white hearty smoke which filled the air with lovely smells of sweet cedar.

Ash
    Made it to 2 inches before I knocked it off. Not too flakey, just a nice compact ash.

Taste & Smell
    The pre lit aroma smells great, and the first 1/3 of the cigar after lighting is soooo smooth and cream tasting.

The middle 1/3 is where the pepper kicks it up a notch and adds a very welcoming change to the taste of the cigar. While it does start to batter your tongue with pepper it manages to keep the same creamy taste that it started with.

The final 1/3 of the smoke stays with the smooth creamy pepper taste attacking your tongue and taste buds.

Burn
    Overall a very steady and even burn, it didn't tunnel or burn too hot. My humidor RH was 65%.

Construction
    After a simple snip of the head with my cutter the wrapper stayed put and seemed very well constructed. A very smooth and defect free wrapper.

Cost
    Shouldn't cost more than $4/stick including shipping.

I have a few in my humidor, and have been waiting a little to fire one up. I guess its time to see what a couple of weeks have done to them.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information