Thread: Canon Rebel Digital

Default Canon Rebel Digital

I am thinking about buying a canon rebel 8.0 megapixl digital camera anyone have any opinions or experience with these

Blog Entries

I have two friends that own digital Canons. I believe they are both 20D models. Ben is an advanced amateur like me and we have discussed this several times. In his opinion the digital Rebel would do for most people. I can hook the two of you up if you want to ask him specific questions.
    PM me if so.
    Last edited by designwise1; 08-28-2006 at 11:48 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    --Gerald

I have the 30D, excellent camera. Very easy to use, especially if you're used to a SLR, but it has a lot of easy to use point and shoot settings too.
    Best, most versatile, digital camera I've ever owned.

I've had the DigiReb XT for about a year, and I love it. Make sure you get a BIG CF card, because on the highest setting, the pics are 3-4 megs each.

The lens that it comes with, is pretty good, but you will need a zoom also.

Check out Dell. They run some good deals on it from time to time.

Dell is running a special, and has it at $680.00

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0459534

I have a friend with a digital Rebel. That camera is so freaking sweet! Enjoy it!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Default Thanks

Big Jack thanks for the info I ordered it from dell with options of course

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    Dell is running a special, and has it at $680.00

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0459534

8. Default

There's some deal with firmware compatibility between the Rebel and one of their higher end cameras (I want to say a 10D or 1D)...

The come highly recommended. I know several people who shoot with them exclusively (Sports Ilustrated uses all Canons, I believe).

Nice!!

You are gonna love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck View Post
    There's some deal with firmware compatibility between the Rebel and one of their higher end cameras (I want to say a 10D or 1D)...

The come highly recommended. I know several people who shoot with them exclusively (Sports Ilustrated uses all Canons, I believe).

Yes Sports Illustrated is all Canon now, due to the faster focusing and quick lenses. Back when I sold camera's my biggest beef with the rebels was the plastic mounts on both the camera and the low end lenses. In colder weather these would break and you would be out a camera, or lens.

I use Nikon in my profession now, I am shooting the D2x and so far I am very pleased with it, though I am having some focusing issues, but I have had it since Febuary and I have already shot over 15,000 shots with it. I am just going to send it in and have it overhauled when the season slows down.

Owning a large card is always best, I shoot on several through shoots and use 1 gig and 2 gig cards. I don't believe in going much large then that because if you have just one large card compaired to having a few smaller cards is if the one card goes bad you have just lost everything.

Now for my personal around the house shots I just use my Sony 5mp 12x zoom, it is just a great small camera to take on family trips.

Default Dell Screwed Up

Well I got the camera today but it was not the one I ordered Ive been on the phone with Dell for over an hour trying to get this resolved it would be nice if Dell could find Customer service reps that spoke english

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Did you ever get the camera you were looking for? I just got the Dig Canon Rebel XTi in the mail today! 10.x megapixel!!!! Things a blast!

*bump*

Looking to get a Digital SLR in the two weeks or so - can't decide between the Nikon D80 versus the Canon XTi.

Any suggestions?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    *bump*

Looking to get a Digital SLR in the two weeks or so - can't decide between the Nikon D80 versus the Canon XTi.

Any suggestions?
    I get the magazine Popular Photography and in all honesty, its going to be a toss up according to their reviews. Look at the cost of quality lenses, and what features you want and go from there. also realize that you will not want to switch camera brands when you upgrade. you will put lots of money into lenses and that is money lost if you switch, so look at higher end models and see which line you like better. When you buy a camera you are buying the brand too unless you have a lot of extra money laying around.

Picked up a D40x a couple of days ago. Breaking that bad boy in. At the end of the day, there's a buddy of mine at work who's semi-pro and his word is gold. So far, love it.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Thread Information