Thread: Taking a trip to the DC area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck View Post
    THIS THREAD HAS BEEN THREADJACKED

CigarDan and I are apparently doing shifts down to DC. :)

I'll be a little busy while I'm down there, but I plan to spend Tuesday night going for a long walk downtown. Let me know if you're interested...

BTW, how's the security situation downtown? Am I going to be harrassed if I wander around the monuments at night?
    I got a chance to meet up with SuperChuck last night in Dc and have a few cigars. He is a good guy, and I hope that he'll be seeing more of DC in the future. I hope your travel home is a safe one. Take care, Brian.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Hey guys,
    Did a search and this seemed to be the most recent post about DC shops. I am heading up there tomorrow for the weekend to see my sister. I was wondering if I could get an update on the cigar situation up there.

Who has the best prices?

Who has the best selection?

Who has the best experience?

Where do I go?

She lives on 29th NW I think...

Thanks for your help.

For experience -- I usually hit Shelly's Back Room for drinks and a cigar -- sometimes dinner as well (there are better places to eat). Cigars there are overpriced, but nice place, almost always a good time. Shelly's is on F by 14th or 15th.

Bethesda Tobacco is having its grand opening on friday, not sure when you are getting into town. I have heard that Shelly's is a great place to visit (but not to shop) I have yet to go there personally. Let me know if your gonna have some free time and want to meet up for a smoke.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

BenjiM, sorry I missed this post, but I have been very busy with work.

I hope you were able to go to Draper's. They have a GREAT selection of smokes and just a block away from Shelly's.

Next time you are in town, give me a heads up and I can gather some local BOTLs and meet up at Draper's and eat some grub at Shelly's.

Hope you had a good time.

Thread Information